Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

A loud "roar" in brakes

Old 11-22-2008, 03:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation A loud "roar" in brakes

Hello to all members,

I would like to say that I appreciate the information and guidance that the members on this forum give. With that being said, I'm having a problem with my brakes...

I recently had my front brakes and rotors replaced. As soon as they were replaced, I've been having a loud "roar" when driving, and even louder when braking. Now, I've been told by the place that replaced them that Ceramic Brakes are notorious for giving that sound and not to worry. I'm going to lift the vehicle and check the brakes myself today, because it's getting worse and I don't believe it's "just" the change to Ceramic.

Has anyone come across this particular situation before? Or any advise on what to do?

Old 11-22-2008, 06:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: A loud "roar" in brakes

Originally Posted by cwcrossfire
Hello to all members,

I would like to say that I appreciate the information and guidance that the members on this forum give. With that being said, I'm having a problem with my brakes...

I recently had my front brakes and rotors replaced. As soon as they were replaced, I've been having a loud "roar" when driving, and even louder when braking. Now, I've been told by the place that replaced them that Ceramic Brakes are notorious for giving that sound and not to worry. I'm going to lift the vehicle and check the brakes myself today, because it's getting worse and I don't believe it's "just" the change to Ceramic.

Has anyone come across this particular situation before? Or any advise on what to do?
What type of pads and rotors dd you put on?
My ceramic pads are quiet as a church mouse... I have Rotex Gold Pads.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A loud "roar" in brakes

Originally Posted by cwcrossfire
Hello to all members,

No brake systems should make any noise at all should be perfectly quiet. Go back and have word with the fitters, this does not sound good at all; please let us know how it goes, good mluck