CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   Brake Pads - Anyone heard or used these? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/30416-brake-pads-anyone-heard-used-these.html)

nate_man 12-15-2008 08:42 PM

Brake Pads - Anyone heard or used these?

EBC Brake Pad Set - Redstuff - Ceramic

Wondering how good they are and if anyone has other recommendations.

These semimatalics are horrible dust mites!

MikeR 12-16-2008 06:37 AM

Re: Brake Pads - Anyone heard or used these?

Nate, I have had DiskItalia titanium kevlar pads on for several months now and am very happy with them. Very minimal dust and great stopping. I have them paired up with PowerDisk slotted rotors and Goodridge SS lines.

MikeR

nate_man 12-16-2008 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by MikeR
Nate, I have had DiskItalia titanium kevlar pads on for several months now and am very happy with them. Very minimal dust and great stopping. I have them paired up with PowerDisk slotted rotors and Goodridge SS lines.

MikeR

Thanks, I assume that these will work on the Non SRT-6 versions as well?

I have a limited roadster.

THnx

Mike-in-Orange 12-16-2008 07:38 AM

I hear good stuff about the EBC pads on other forums. My Crossfire is fitted with Posi-Quiet Ceramics that I picked up on ebay for about $99 for all four corners. Brake dust is almost nonexitstant and stopping power is excellent, including on track days hauling down hard from 125mph.

MikeR 12-16-2008 10:01 AM

Nate, there are SRT and NA pads. The NA's are cheaper. I saw the EBC brakes when I was looking too. I have no expierence with them.

I put Disc Italia ceramic pads on my Intrepid to see how they worked. I am very happy with them too.

MikeR

Jeep2Xfire 12-19-2008 10:16 AM

I have used EBC (English Brake Company) before, just not on the XFire. There's 3 grades, Greenstuff, Yellowstuff, and Redstuff. I only used the Greenstuff because they were the cheapest and I just wanted to get rid of brake dust which they did terrifically. EBC is a good pad, I would assume that the only difference between a Chrysler Concorde and Crossfire is just the profile of the pad. The friction material would be of the same composition and thus the same result.

bflinn 12-20-2008 09:57 AM

I have EBC RedStuff on the front of my SRT. The produce less dust than stock (of course I don't know that is possible to produce as much or more dust than stock). I went with them because most people would suggest that they should perform better than the Rotex AND be cleaner than stock. I have had no issues and they perform great. Rotex gold are probably less dust - but I think the EBC are better performers.

nate_man 12-20-2008 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR

MikeR

Thanks mike. I am not a fan of cross drilled rotors and have not tried slotted but will contemplate the pads!

Happy holidays!

nate_man 12-20-2008 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by bflinn
I have EBC RedStuff on the front of my SRT. The produce less dust than stock (of course I don't know that is possible to produce as much or more dust than stock). I went with them because most people would suggest that they should perform better than the Rotex AND be cleaner than stock. I have had no issues and they perform great. Rotex gold are probably less dust - but I think the EBC are better performers.

Thanks,

Before I make the move I just wanted to know my options. How soon before you see the dust on your wheels or how often do you have to clean them?

THe ebc reds are ceramics correct?

Thanks

N-

bflinn 12-22-2008 04:42 PM

Yes they are ceramics.

How long to before I see dust? - not sure - I don't pay that much attention. In the summertime I wash the car pretty often and never solely because the wheels are dirty from brake dust. There are a few times when I'll wash the car and only wipe off the wheel because they are not that dirty. I know this is not very scientific but they are much cleaner than OEMs - just hard to judge just how much...sorry.

oledoc2u 12-22-2008 05:27 PM

I have axxis ceramics on mine with no dust issues anymore...you have to nail them hard and long to gather any dust...

norrie 12-23-2008 12:17 PM

Don't do it I had them installed and didn't like them.
They still created a lot of dust and wern't any better than stock.
I replaced them with Rotex and I am really happy with them.

Norrie.

nate_man 12-23-2008 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by norrie
Don't do it I had them installed and didn't like them.
They still created a lot of dust and wern't any better than stock.
I replaced them with Rotex and I am really happy with them.

Norrie.

Norrie, I assume you mean the EBC's if so thanks for the heads up!

Nate

norrie 12-26-2008 11:36 AM

Yeah the EBC red stuff.
I couldn't get Rotex ones delivered to the U.K. at the time so bought EBC all round and they were really expensive.
It ended up costing me a lot of money.
I wouldn't buy anything apart from Rotex Gold a lot of people have them on here and they hardly produce any dust at all and are as good as standard.

Norrie.

spensley 12-27-2008 02:01 PM

I can usually get very good rates on the Rotex Gold pads - if you still need them in the new year PM me and I can get you prices and shipping etc.

IRSmurf 12-28-2008 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by spensley
I can usually get very good rates on the Rotex Gold pads - if you still need them in the new year PM me and I can get you prices and shipping etc.

PM sent.

I didn't choose the last set of brakes installed on my Crossfire, now. I have no idea what's on there, but I *do* know they're cheap, dirty, and ineffective.

These pads are going to be changed well before their due.