Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

New Wheels For SRT6

Old 03-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: New Wheels For SRT6

BLKFIN, I would be looking to see if a 235 or 240 would fit the front wheels. 285 sounds pretty good on the back but CGOCIFER says slight rubbing with 275's...hmmmmmmm.. he is lowered too.....

Old 03-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

#2 design in Matte and polished lip.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:48 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scap that thought batman….forget that brushed face with the polished lip

We have a new winner for the color choice. Liquid Cinder powder coat and polished lip is my final answer~

This should be a spot on match to the Graphite color. The set on the BMW below has some red color ring that mine will not have. Mine will look like the first picture but with a larger polished lip.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:50 AM

Nice...post pic when you have installed. I am looking for something for my SSB.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:24 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by cgocifer
I have 19 x 10 with et of 32 and the tires are 225/35/19 Front and 20 x 10 with et of 25 with 275/30/20. I have tiny bit of wheel well rubbing in the rear on large bumps, but that is all.
Is the rub on the inner wheel well near the shocks or the outer near the lip of the fender?

Old 03-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

NOW you tell us liquid cinder is an option.

Congrats, those are going to look great!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:43 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
NOW you tell us liquid cinder is an option.

Congrats, those are going to look great!
LOL~ I know, they are giving me new color options each day. Now that I am happy about the color choice, I have to take off my wheels and give them all the measurements of our brake system. These wheels will have a custom offset for our cars. It is amazing all the details that go into this when you have unlimited potential. When they make "one offs" size and offsets can be created to perfection~ Guess thats were the extra $$$ comes in!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
LOL~ I know, they are giving me new color options each day. Now that I am happy about the color choice, I have to take off my wheels and give them all the measurements of our brake system. These wheels will have a custom offset for our cars. It is amazing all the details that go into this when you have unlimited potential. When they make "one offs" size and offsets can be created to perfection~ Guess thats were the extra $$$ comes in!
Interesting. Did they give you a color swatch to compare the two colors of paint side by side? You know if they are slightly off, they could look really bad.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Interesting. Did they give you a color swatch to compare the two colors of paint side by side? You know if they are slightly off, they could look really bad.
I would second that. Silver is always safer and unless you get a sample wheel to place next to the car I would say stick with the first choice. You already saw that in the photo-shoped pics that I gave you.

After spending the dough you dont want to be dissapointed.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by nate_man
I would second that. Silver is always safer and unless you get a sample wheel to place next to the car I would say stick with the first choice. You already saw that in the photo-shoped pics that I gave you.

After spending the dough you dont want to be dissapointed.
Actually, I was half joking with BLKFIN. But for this amount of money, it would be a good idea to compare the paints side by side if they are going to be that close to each other in color.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:57 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

It is not the exact same color, but in the family. It will turn out to be darker than what our paint color is, but my consern was being an actual graphite color rather than grey. The powder coat color always takes on the color of the car it is attached to as well. If I get them here and don't like them, I will just have them painted the color of the car with chrysler paint. I love the brushed, but don't want to be safe. Thanks to Nate's photo shop, I realized that the car was kind bland with the brushed and these will look cleaner longer! I HATE BRAKE DUST!!!! Every other SRT6 has custom brushed wheels and I want to be different. I was on the fence about rims for my charger too and was glad I went the route I did! No one had all black powder coated wheels when I did mine, they all had that black wheel with the polished lip. 3 years later and I see all black powdecoated wheels everywhere! I am very excited and this will be a long 4-6 weeks waiting on these wheels to be built!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 08:08 AM

Is the rub on the inner wheel well near the shocks or the outer near the lip of the fender?
There was about a 2 inch black smudge on both sides of the rear inner wheel well at the top. I'm going to turn the rear shocks a couple of clicks to the stiff side. If that doesn't help, I'm going to get some 5mm or 10mm spacers, but I think it will be ok.

The rims of the wheels aren't that protected but as long as you don't get close to curbs and keep them inflated to the proper psi, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:15 AM

It is not the exact same color, but in the family. It will turn out to be darker than what our paint color is, but my consern was being an actual graphite color rather than grey. The powder coat color always takes on the color of the car it is attached to as well. If I get them here and don't like them, I will just have them painted the color of the car with chrysler paint. I love the brushed, but don't want to be safe. Thanks to Nate's photo shop, I realized that the car was kind bland with the brushed and these will look cleaner longer! I HATE BRAKE DUST!!!! Every other SRT6 has custom brushed wheels and I want to be different. I was on the fence about rims for my charger too and was glad I went the route I did! No one had all black powder coated wheels when I did mine, they all had that black wheel with the polished lip. 3 years later and I see all black powdecoated wheels everywhere! I am very excited and this will be a long 4-6 weeks waiting on these wheels to be built!!!
I hope you're also going to complete the look with a proper drop and suspension mods! If you're going to spend the cash, do it right and go all the way!

Can't wait to see the finished product! I'm extremely happy with the way mine came out with over the counter equipment. The total I spent for wheels, tires, TPMS sensors, shocks, and springs was under 4 g's. I'm still not done. I'm going to get the camber bolts and etc. to get the camber close to stock. Your wheels will be lighter with custom offsets. Should look awesome!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:08 AM

tactical grey all the way... awesome wheel style

Old 03-15-2009, 09:29 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by cgocifer
I hope you're also going to complete the look with a proper drop and suspension mods! If you're going to spend the cash, do it right and go all the way!

Can't wait to see the finished product! I'm extremely happy with the way mine came out with over the counter equipment. The total I spent for wheels, tires, TPMS sensors, shocks, and springs was under 4 g's. I'm still not done. I'm going to get the camber bolts and etc. to get the camber close to stock. Your wheels will be lighter with custom offsets. Should look awesome!
You bet, I am going to get the wheels on first then eliminate the "gap". Every car I have every owned was lowered except for the ones I own now. I have been so focused on the motor and stereo of the SRT6, that I have brand new Eibachs still in the box for my dodge charger, 2 years later waiting to be installed!!!

You should be proud of your set up! It looks amazing. I will keep the thread updated with the progress. This weekend I did all the measurement of our brake system for the custom offset. DPE is giving me a smoking deal for me having to do all the homework to make sure they are perfect. Otherwise, I would have never bought this type of wheel!

Below is the actual wheel style and color made for a Porsche.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:33 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

How about a little photo shop action of the wheels? My brother did this, made the wheels too large....but you get the picture. This wheel is missing the rivets that mine but looks pretty close to the finished product.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That's going to look outstanding, sir!

Old 03-15-2009, 08:38 PM

How about a little photo shop action of the wheels? My brother did this, made the wheels too large....but you get the picture. This wheel is missing the rivets that mine but looks pretty close to the finished product.

Yikes, those are like 22s or something! Just kidding, those will look fantastic!!!! I thought you were going with the 5-star pattern. I'm glad you are going with the 7 spokes, they are gorgeous wheels! I will be waiting impatiently to see the finished product!! I think it will be amazing Man, can't wait!!!!

I'm definitely happy with my set up; it took almost one year exactly to finally choose a wheel, the tire sizes, and offsets. Lots of back and fourth with brands, styles, and configurations. Wheels can make you nuts. They are like a woman's jewelry obsession for car guys!

Old 03-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Cool Re: New Wheels For SRT6

Sell me the SRT6 rims when you decide please.....:] but I vote #1

Old 03-23-2009, 06:11 PM

So what tires are you going to put on them?

Quick Reply: New Wheels For SRT6