CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   No Squeal, No Dust Brake Pads? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/34787-no-squeal-no-dust-brake-pads.html)

TVT_DESIGN 05-28-2009 10:43 PM

No Squeal, No Dust Brake Pads?

We've been advocates of Rotex forever, but sometimes they still squeak.

We have little experience with the Myriad of other choices and are looking to the forum to suggest something.

We have a customer that went from one set of super squeaky Rotex to a set of semi-squeaky Rotex, but now wants no squeak.

Suggestions?

MikeR 05-29-2009 12:15 AM

Re: No Squeal, No Dust Brake Pads?

Anthony,
I put the DiskItalia kevlar titanium pads on my Aero and on my Intrepid. They work great for me. Minimal dust and no squeal. :D

(no dust is impossible or nothing would wear out!):rolleyes:

Mike-in-Orange 05-29-2009 01:00 PM

I put Posi-Quiets on mine and then took it for a track weekend on the road course at California Speedway. Very little dust after hammering around the track for a couple of days, virtually nil in day to day driving. Stopping power is still excellent (ask the guy in the 911 who I outbraked from 125mph going into turn 3!!) and they have never squeeked once in almost 7000 miles of use. Highly recommended.

H82BL8 05-29-2009 04:46 PM

Mike - which Posi-Quiet's are you running, there are three different ones?

Posi Quiet Ceramic
Posi Quiet Extended Wear
Posi Quiet Semi-Metallic

Looks like a good pad. Even the lowest rating was 4 out of 5 stars on Autoanything.com!

bhays 05-29-2009 05:05 PM

Interested in this as well.

Mike-in-Orange 05-29-2009 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by H82BL8
Mike - which Posi-Quiet's are you running, there are three different ones?

Posi Quiet Ceramic
Posi Quiet Extended Wear
Posi Quiet Semi-Metallic

Looks like a good pad. Even the lowest rating was 4 out of 5 stars on Autoanything.com!

Sorry, I should have been more specific - mine are ceramic.

32krazy! 05-29-2009 05:48 PM

i use akebono euros on my slk32. very quiet and no dust. very happy with these pads

Z28toXFire 05-29-2009 05:58 PM

tirerack sells, euro brand pads, no squeaks, no dust no problems, and are a very fair price with excellent performance.

Thanks,

Justin

Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads

H82BL8 05-29-2009 11:19 PM

Is anyone with kevlar or ceramic pads running stock or aftermarket drilled/slotted rotors? Just curious if it makes a difference with your pads and overall performance.

TVT_DESIGN 05-30-2009 10:22 PM

I think I'll go Akebono. We just did a C32 brake upgrade today with Racing Brake Rotors and Akebono pads and it was perfect, zero noise from the start.

XfireBlake 07-16-2009 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Sorry, I should have been more specific - mine are ceramic.

Hi,

I am researching brake pads but no one sells the posi quiets for the front:( only rear and the worst dust is up front of course! If you have them in the front, where can I find them??

Thanks,

Blake

H82BL8 07-16-2009 05:59 PM

Try here:
2004 Chrysler Crossfire Posi Quiet Brake Pads, Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads, Posi Quiet Brakes

spensley 07-16-2009 10:07 PM

My Rotex are quiet as a mouse.

XfireBlake 07-17-2009 02:39 PM

I have checked autoanything and others but no one has the front pads for the SRT 6:confused: I looked under 2004 slk320 amg as well to no avail. Does any SRT 6 owner know if they even make them?? If not what other ceramics don't make noise?

Thanks,

Blake

rwalshphoto 07-29-2009 04:07 PM

I just joined the forums looking for brake pad reviews and found this thread. As of 2 days ago my wife and I are now the proud owners of a black 04 Crossfire. I'm very active over on the LX platform and I drive a Magnum.

Anyways, back to break pads...
Im not sure about pads for the SRT6 but this seems to be an excellent source - lots of major brands.

All Performance Brakes - 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Brake Pad Set Stock Replacement

kurtisberry 07-30-2009 05:50 PM

I ordered Akebono pads.

rwalshphoto 08-12-2009 01:19 AM

I installed some Posi-Quiet Ceramics on my wife's car tonight. So far so good. Intall is a cake walk.

peter_k 08-19-2009 02:33 PM

EBC RedStuff... No dust, No squeaks, No fade. Using EBC 3GD rotors as well (slotted and dimpled)

sparks81 11-09-2009 05:42 PM

Just had my brakes replaced by the local shop I always take my baby to. Had the front wheels done with the Akebono ceramics. I can't tell any difference in the feel, but I am liking the no dust residue!!!! I couldn't wait to have them changed just so I could have my front wheels looking nice for more than 1 day.

No squeal, no dust, no noise, no problem.

I talked to the mechanic, and he said I had Akebono's on there already, the semimetalics. He said they were a good company with direct crossover parts from the OEM to theirs.

I was in and out in 90 minutes. I can't complain. Only cost me $230 parts and labor...

kurtisberry 11-09-2009 06:32 PM

Have the Akebono Euros on for three months now. No dust. No noise.