Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

TPMS Sensors

Old 01-13-2021, 02:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TPMS Sensors

Question: Can the after market TPMS sensors from Schrader 433Mhz 52088990AC be installed in a 2006 Roadster and be successfully programmed to the onboard computer ?

Moderator note: This thread is now a sticky because of post 18.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 03-24-2023 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:49 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: TPMS Sensors

u can use aftermarket but where ever u get them they have to set them to your ecu and vin if your car was with me i could do all 4 aftermarket who ever sells u the sensors must have a tpms computer to set up your car.

Old 01-13-2021, 04:17 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Bayukbros
Question: Can the after market TPMS sensors from Schrader 433Mhz 52088990AC be installed in a 2006 Roadster and be successfully programmed to the onboard computer ?
Chrysler is telling me ' no ', have to be whatever Chrysler sells ... seems dubious to me .. thank you
That is funny as the original sensors were in fact 52088990AC. They may have changed to the later model Schrader sensor which I think is the universal type 33700 that is the model with the aluminum stem.
Try not to use the dealer, as generally they are highway robbers. Use a tire shop that uses the new sensors.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-13-2021 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2021, 12:34 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

When Discount Tire replaced my roadster tires they also replaced the TPMS. They could not resolve the idiot light and referred me to the dealer. First time DT has failed me. I resolved the issue with black electrical tape. Cut a 1/2" square piece and applied it over the idiot light. I do regularly check tire pressure and this has not been an issue for the past 6-7 years.

Old 02-27-2021, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Goldwing
When Discount Tire replaced my roadster tires they also replaced the TPMS. They could not resolve the idiot light and referred me to the dealer. First time DT has failed me. I resolved the issue with black electrical tape. Cut a 1/2" square piece and applied it over the idiot light. I do regularly check tire pressure and this has not been an issue for the past 6-7 years.
Ha ! I have purchased these before from the same company and had success; is the following info correct ? I believe it is ... thank you

2004 - 2008 Chrysler CROSSFIRE TPMS Sensor Schrader 52088990AC 433MHz

Old 02-27-2021, 06:12 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

Who can set them to read our cars?

Old 02-28-2021, 08:53 AM

In my '05 roadster, none of the local tire shops had the correct handheld tool; off to Chrysler I went and the dealer HAD the correct tool. Granted, it took ' three ' hand held devices to sync each sensor, BUT it worked ..
I believe the '06 is a bit easier, ( at least that's what I was told by Chrysler ) ... I just wanted to verify that the 433 MHz was correct; does anyone know for certain ?

thank you .....

Old 02-28-2021, 10:48 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Bayukbros
In my '05 roadster, none of the local tire shops had the correct handheld tool; off to Chrysler I went and the dealer HAD the correct tool. Granted, it took ' three ' hand held devices to sync each sensor, BUT it worked ..
I believe the '06 is a bit easier, ( at least that's what I was told by Chrysler ) ... I just wanted to verify that the 433 MHz was correct; does anyone know for certain ?

thank you .....
If I remember correctly then the part numbers from the official parts list for each year show that the parts used the 433 or 315 MHz bands.
The model year 2005 used the 315 MHz sensor, this may have lead to a few 2006 cars using them as well.
The parts lists can be found in the Documentation thread on this forum.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-28-2021 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-27-2022, 06:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bayukbros, I recently got my Micropod/DRBIII Emulator working and performed a successful TPMS reset on my 2005 SRT6.(This was after reading this forum for months and heeding advice of those here who have used the Micropod and DBRIII software before me. See thread titled "DRB III Emulator? A big thanks to those who posted their experience there.) If you are in Raleigh, I live only 90 minutes north of you in South Boston, VA. I would be happy to try to reset your TPMS dash light if you want to take a drive north.
For reference, I installed four new Schrader 20028 sensors and used a doughnut magnet to trigger the new sensors as prompted by the DRBIII software. All is well now.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I purchased a tpm at Chrysler in Springdale
Arkansas for $135, can I remove the wheel taking
it and tpm to Chrysler and have it installed, or do
I need to take the car in?
Bonsai Ron in Eureka Springs AR

Old 06-30-2022, 12:11 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

The wheel needs to be with the car to program the sensor.

Old 07-01-2022, 09:38 PM

If the new sensor is programmable, and you can get the ID number from the old sensor printed label, the new sensor should be able to be programmed with the same ID number as the old one. I believe the hand-held TPS tool that most shops have will allow that. If the net result is that the new sensor has the same ID as the old one, the car should not need to be involved. However, if there is a new sensor ID brought into the mix, then the car will need to go through a TPMS reset by a dealer with the old tooling or someone with the DRBIII emulator. No amount of driving or "chirping" the new sensors will cause a Crossfire to reset to the new sensor ID.

When I replaced my sensors, three of the four labels on the old ones were legible. The fourth sensor had a damaged and illegible label, so I was hosed, and had to figure out the TPMS reset drill with a laptop and the DRBIII emulator and software as described elsewhere on this forum.

Old 03-22-2023, 10:47 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: AirBag Sensor Module - Airbag Failure Light

THANK YOU! My MB techs are very appreciative of all the info and especially pictures of issues with our vehicles.

May have found a used ORC at a local salvage yard. Next is contact them and get the scoop on the vehicle's dash light on or off!

Also, replacing my tires soon and the TPMS light stays on was diagnosed as low battery in the sensors, do I need to purchase Chrysler
sensors or is there any easier way to go?

Again a big THANK YOU to all the help I receive from all of you.

Old 03-22-2023, 03:40 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms Kitty NJ

Also, replacing my tires soon and the TPMS light stays on was diagnosed as low battery in the sensors, do I need to purchase Chrysler
sensors or is there any easier way to go?
There are lots of sources for wheel sensors for the Crossfire. I recommend you purchase those that are pre-programmed, which makes it much easier to have them linked to the TPM Module. And linking to the TPM Module will require you to find a Form Member close to you that has the DRB3 Emulator software to connect to your OBD2 port. Or a Chrysler Dealer that still has the original scanner to perform this task.

Here are a few wheel sensors that will work:

CLICK1"><span style=CLICK1" /> CLICK1">CLICK1
CLICK2"><span style=CLICK2" /> CLICK2">CLICK2
(I used these when I replaced the wheel sensors on the PS of my 2007 Coupe)
CLICK3"><span style=CLICK3" /> CLICK3">CLICK3
CLICK4"><span style=CLICK4" /> CLICK4">CLICK4

Lots of Owners use the Schrader sensor. I don't remember which model, but someone will respond or a Forum Search (CLICK) will find the specific model.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 03-22-2023 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-22-2023, 03:45 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you so much. I am losing my MB techs for a few months due to rotator cuff surgeries praying Big Red 1 doesn't develop anything really serious in the interim

Old 03-22-2023, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by jamie04
Bayukbros, I recently got my Micropod/DRBIII Emulator working and performed a successful TPMS reset on my 2005 SRT6.(This was after reading this forum for months and heeding advice of those here who have used the Micropod and DBRIII software before me. See thread titled "DRB III Emulator? A big thanks to those who posted their experience there.) If you are in Raleigh, I live only 90 minutes north of you in South Boston, VA. I would be happy to try to reset your TPMS dash light if you want to take a drive north.
For reference, I installed four new Schrader 20028 sensors and used a doughnut magnet to trigger the new sensors as prompted by the DRBIII software. All is well now.
I used an Autel Scanner Tool, Model TS501 to scan & reset the new wheel sensors that were installed on the PS of my Coupe. I didn't need to use the donut magnet as the Autel Scanner emits a signal the emulates the magnet when the DRBIII Emulator software calls for the wheel sensor to be triggered. And the Autel scanner keeps a copy of the wheel readings for all four wheels that were scanned. DRB3 Emulator requires the wheels to be read in a specific sequence (DSF-PSF-PSR-DSR). I did find it interesting that according to the Autel Scanner, there is a difference in tire pressure readings between the original OEM wheel sensors (DS) & the VDO wheel sensors (PS) I had installed. And that's with all four tires measuring 36 psig with my tire gauge.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 03-22-2023 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:00 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

WHen it comes to TPMS sensors, I am happy Imy SE has no such accessory. I think chasing this baloney is a HUGE waste of money, but Clint Spevak, retired Chrysler engineer who worked on the TPMS and SRS systems published two documents.
They are in the first post in the thread below.

Go ahead and read the other posts before you drop $400 on sensors. I no longer even try to help with that topic.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ms-issues.html

Old 03-24-2023, 09:07 PM

Regarding what TPMS sensors to buy, here is what worked for me: If your four exiting sensors used to work (and yield no TPMS dash light) before the sensor batteries died, AND if the I.D. numbers are still legible on the sticker of those old sensors, you can buy Schrader 33700 clonable sensors. Any tire shop should be able to manually program the new Schrader 33700 sensors with the same ID numbers listed on the old labels. This method requires no TPMS reset and therefore no need for a dealer or anyone else to connect to your OBD port. When I first replaced my sensors on my 2005 SRT6, one of my four original sensor labels was illegible, so I could not initially go this route. Instead, I purchased four Schrader 20028 sensors which are pre-programmed with new (and different) ID numbers. Once on the car, I had to use the DRBIII tool (laptop, micropod, software) discussed elsewhere on this forum to do a system reset and have the car learn the new ID numbers being broadcast by the new Schrader 20028 sensors. All is good again. No dash light.
Later, because I purchased a second set of wheels, I bought four of the programmable Schrader 33700 sensors and copied the current ID numbers of the 20228 sensors now on the car, into the new 33700 wheel sensors. (I used an aftermarket Ateq VT37 hand-held sensor programming tool to program the new 33700 sensors. Note: this Ateq tool CANNOT do the Crossfire TPMS reset function referenced earlier.) Now both sets of wheels can be swapped without the need to reset the TPMS.

Old 03-24-2023, 10:18 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Moderator note: This thread is now a sticky because of post 18.

Old 03-26-2023, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by jamie04
Regarding what TPMS sensors to buy, here is what worked for me: If your four exiting sensors used to work (and yield no TPMS dash light) before the sensor batteries died, AND if the I.D. numbers are still legible on the sticker of those old sensors, you can buy Schrader 33700 clonable sensors. Any tire shop should be able to manually program the new Schrader 33700 sensors with the same ID numbers listed on the old labels. This method requires no TPMS reset and therefore no need for a dealer or anyone else to connect to your OBD port. When I first replaced my sensors on my 2005 SRT6, one of my four original sensor labels was illegible, so I could not initially go this route. Instead, I purchased four Schrader 20028 sensors which are pre-programmed with new (and different) ID numbers. Once on the car, I had to use the DRBIII tool (laptop, micropod, software) discussed elsewhere on this forum to do a system reset and have the car learn the new ID numbers being broadcast by the new Schrader 20028 sensors. All is good again. No dash light.
Later, because I purchased a second set of wheels, I bought four of the programmable Schrader 33700 sensors and copied the current ID numbers of the 20228 sensors now on the car, into the new 33700 wheel sensors. (I used an aftermarket Ateq VT37 hand-held sensor programming tool to program the new 33700 sensors. Note: this Ateq tool CANNOT do the Crossfire TPMS reset function referenced earlier.) Now both sets of wheels can be swapped without the need to reset the TPMS.
I concur that this approach is probably the optimum method for replacing aging TPMS wheel sensors. No DRBIII software required to sync with TPMS Module.

Since I have the Autel TS501 TPMS Scanner, it also is capable of performing the cloning of existing wheel TPMS sensors. The only requirement is one has to use the Autel MX-Sensors, which are capable of transmitting at either 315 or 433 MHz signals.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 03-26-2023 at 08:01 AM.

Quick Reply: TPMS Sensors