CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   Lug Nut Lock (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/45789-lug-nut-lock.html)

JoeR 10-12-2010 05:55 PM

Lug Nut Lock

After reading a thread here I decided to go look for the lug lock socket and am yet to find it. Everything in the trunk looks unmolested, the can of fix a flat, the lug wrench, the air compressor, the wrench in a bag but no sign of the socket lock? Is there a place I am over looking?
Thanks
Joe

BrianBrave 10-12-2010 06:05 PM

Re: Lug Nut Lock

Originally Posted by JoeR
After reading a thread here I decided to go look for the lug lock socket and am yet to find it. Everything in the trunk looks unmolested, the can of fix a flat, the lug wrench, the air compressor, the wrench in a bag but no sign of the socket lock? Is there a place I am over looking?
Thanks
Joe

The lug wrench is all Chrysler gives you... perhaps an owner was packing their own tools?

JoeR 10-12-2010 06:25 PM

Don't think so, this is a flat wrench, looks like something a factory would give you. I still have my Mercedes tool kit from the old 420 SEL that I had many years ago. Very cool, wrenches with Mercedes Benz stamped right on them like Craftsman etc.

Joe

BrianBrave 10-12-2010 06:39 PM

I thought you meant for wheel lug removal.

I think one side of the long flat wrench is to manualy operate the convertible top....and the other end to remove the lower grills... Perhaps a roadster owner will chime in.

GDC-SRT 10-12-2010 07:00 PM

Good call Brian,

As far as I know, The flat wrench is for the top release, Lower grills and Can be used to release the shift lever on the automatic trans if it locks.

JoeR 10-12-2010 07:36 PM

No I am looking for the socket or whatever they use to remove the locking lug nut. Most custom wheels have a socket that fits in the tire tool and then has the right pattern to fit one lug on each wheel.

Joe

amx1397 10-12-2010 09:28 PM

if u have locks they are aftermarket,, even Mercedes sells aftermarket locks for their wheels so does Chrysler. u might go to a tire store they may have a box of spares ( like we do) and find the correct one, jim

JoeR 10-12-2010 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by amx1397
if u have locks they are aftermarket,, even Mercedes sells aftermarket locks for their wheels so does Chrysler. u might go to a tire store they may have a box of spares ( like we do) and find the correct one, jim

OK now I may have egg on my face from being new. I took for granted ( without popping the cap off and looking ) that the cars came with a locking lug nut for which you would need a special socket. In mt defense, I was reading a thread here and that gave me that idea. From now on look first, post second?;)

Joe