CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   Adjustable rear camber arms feeler... (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/49632-adjustable-rear-camber-arms-feeler.html)

tunaglove 06-11-2011 10:15 PM

Re: Adjustable rear camber arms feeler...

I'm interested also.

Squirrel Crusher 06-12-2011 02:11 AM

Being I don't autocross (so far) would I really need this for the street?:confused: Mike,Haven't I seen that dragonfly fabric chair on this sight before?:D Squirrel Crusher

MikeR 06-12-2011 09:51 AM

The only reason you might need adjustable camber is if you lowered your car... lowering accentuates the camber and can cause excessive wear on the inside of your tires...

When I lowered mine my camber went to about -2.5 degrees..... I had them aligned to -0.9...:D

Too bad we cant do this with the front....:(

Mopar or No Car 06-12-2011 11:07 AM

Count me in. I just replaced tires on our lowered SRT and could not believe the wear pattern.

SRT6_Roadster 06-12-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
The only reason you might need adjustable camber is if you lowered your car... lowering accentuates the camber and can cause excessive wear on the inside of your tires... :(

I would disagree - there are other reasons for purchasing these. You may want to run a more aggressive alignment on a road course without chewing up your tires on a daily basis. Or the opposite if you are a drag strip guy you may want to run less camber when on the drag strip but then got back to a stock stetting for handling and stability.

Plenty of reasons to purchase these arms. :)

MikeR 06-12-2011 01:19 PM

Yes, but he did say for street use......;) and I like your thinking....:D

Mike1118 06-12-2011 06:22 PM

So how much are these and how soon will they be available? I have my springs in hand and am ready to lower my car.

Thanks, Mike.

DaytonaJae 06-14-2011 09:52 AM

I am interested as well, what price range are we talking about?

MikeR 06-14-2011 10:00 AM

Guys, I am making these on order with the low volume and short turn time.. waiting for rod ends is the longest time and that is only 4-5 days.

Price is $225.00 + $14.50 shipping....

Not the cheapest out there, but comparable. They are well done and solid.

BoilerUpXFire 06-14-2011 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by MikeR
They are well done and solid.

I have recieved my set of camber arms and am absolutely impressed.

They are the highest quality and I can not wait to put them on, unfortunately, life has been getting in the way, hopefully within the next few weeks, but who knows....

Thanks again, Mike, I would gladly buy any product you offer for purchase after seeing the quality here. I also have a few friends that are interested in custom length ones for their lowering applications, any interest in doing some 'custom' work? ;)

MikeR 06-14-2011 01:30 PM

John,
no problem doing different lengths.... all I need is the specs they want...;)

Mopar or No Car 07-03-2011 10:49 AM

I had Mike's arms installed at the dealership and the tech was able to bring my Eibach lowered rear into spec. He mentioned there is a factory kit for the front arms that is very inexpensive. Since my camber is still out of spec on the front by half a degree, I'm considering taking the plunge.

Has anybody ever heard of or used such a factory kit?

Also, because the aftermarket arms are straight and the factory rear arms curve around the sway bar, I now have less than 1" clearance from arm to bar. Not a showstopper but definitely something to be aware of when considering this mod, especially on a lowered car.

James1549 07-03-2011 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar or No Car
Also, because the aftermarket arms are straight and the factory rear arms curve around the sway bar, I now have less than 1" clearance from arm to bar. Not a showstopper but definitely something to be aware of when considering this mod, especially on a lowered car.

Mike, just an idea. Why can't the adjustable arms have an arch to them? I realize you would have to at least remove one end to make an adjustment. But once you locked the arm back in the arched position, with both lock nuts, it shouldn't be a problem. Just curious.

James

PS, Maybe I mean more of just a slight bend in the rod, enough to give more clearance.

velociabstract 07-03-2011 07:16 PM

This is well know to those that have been here awhile and have paid attention. It's not an issue on the street. If you race ie push the car to the extreme limits you will have contact between the straight camber arms and the sway bar with Eibach's and Dot 1 pads. I know because I had Eibachs, track my car, and had the problem. My solution was to lift the rear with Dot 3 spring pads.

Les

James1549 07-03-2011 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
This is well know to those that have been here awhile and have paid attention. Les

Hey Les, If you were paying better attention, you would have noticed the first word in my post was "Mike", not Les.

James

velociabstract 07-04-2011 02:14 AM

When Mike was gauging interest for this part your suggestion was made to him. But OK, I won't butt into you PM's.

Les

gggggoalie 07-31-2012 09:01 PM

First time post BUT...... Did you ever get this through R&D and available to buy?

MikeR 08-01-2012 10:07 AM

Yes, they are working very well....:D (got your email)

Airscape 03-28-2013 10:55 AM

Sorry to dig up the old post ( miss you Mike! :( ) Car is in the shop and they are failing me on the inspection because the camber arm is loose. I have not seen it yet but I assume it is just the end if it is loose. This is hard to believe though as these are built rediculous strong. Looking through old threads it looks like the end is a QA1 XM10 5/8"

Does anyone know if this is not correct or a good place to order from? I'll have the 15 day rejection period to get one in and swapped, will prob just pick up a left and right thread to make sure I'm covered. Thanks guys!

sk8erjosh09 03-28-2013 11:04 AM

I can't think of what you mean by the end is loose???? If it is the bolt to nut through the eye, then just tighten it up??? If it is thread to rod then the same thing? or am I missing something...