Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

BBK installed on the racefire

Old 07-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBK installed on the racefire

Just got done installing the BBK on the Inde Motorsports Ranch, needswings.com racefire. Here are a few before and after pics so you can see the size difference. If these don't slow this thing down I don't know what will!

Stock front

BBK Front

Rear stock

BBK rear

Old 07-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: BBK installed on the racefire

Good god man, that makes me very jealous! That looks so damn good!

Old 07-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought my SLK32 upgrade looked good, but wow that is fantastic.

Let us know how the brake bias is on the track...

Old 07-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I thought my SLK32 upgrade looked good, but wow that is fantastic.

Let us know how the brake bias is on the track...
We won't be doing any testing until after the 15th, the full cage and fire suppression is going in next week. Hopefully we can get some testing done on the 18th, I am a little worried that the rears might be a little bittie. Hopefully the pads we got for the rears will compinsate for that, otherwise trail braking may become quite the adventure lol.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Isnt Les running the Stoptech BBK also??..... He is racing in Puerto Rico and doing VERY well with them.....

Old 07-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MikeR
Isnt Les running the Stoptech BBK also??..... He is racing in Puerto Rico and doing VERY well with them.....
I think he is only running the fronts but I could be wrong.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Fronts only here! I'm still on my first set of Carbotec XP8 on the rear but the 3rd. set of Carbotech XP10 on the front. Let me know what you think of the rear BBK as I've been considering them. The points I take for the front BBK allow for a rear BBK with no additional points.

hustler, the BBK can produce much more stopping power than the tires can grip. Find a pad that's easy to modulate and no one will out brake you. Not even 2400 lb. Hondas. Well, R Compound could make me a liar, I'm still on street tires. I LOVE MY STOPTECH'S!

So, your going full Monty with the cage, seat, belts, fire surpression etc. I want to know everything bud. I'm debating doing the same and what's stopped me is the lack of parts situation. What are you doing about the suspension? It seems to allow substantial dynamic changes to the alignment.

BTW, I have a second pair of rotors ready to be installed. Don't do like me, get some brake ducts on the car or be ready to replace them yearly.

Do you have K&W's? You won't believe how much faster you can go with the dive and roll "sort of" under control.

I'm so excited to have someone else racing their SRT-6. I want to pick your brain ... and help you freak out the competition with how fast a mostly stock Crossfire can go.

Les

Last edited by velociabstract; 07-30-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Forum Regular

Hey Les, we are going to run the xp20's up front and the xp10's on the rear, we may switch the rears out to the stop tech pads if the xp10's have to much initial bite. As far as suspension we are running the same set up as you, we just have it set as high as it can go. I'm not sure where we have the clickers set but i think it's 6 up front and 4 in the rear. We are running -2 deg camber on the left front and -1.75 degree on the right front. 6 degrees of caster and 3/8in toe out. In the rear we are running -1 degree camber on both and 4 degree of caster (I think) with 1/4in toe in. I'm looking at having a new sway bar made for the front and leave the rear for now. As far as tires we are running hoosier r6's all the way around with 265's in the rear and 245's up front (no spacers). Cold psi is 27 in the front and 29 in the rear.

I have a thread in the interior forum on our steering wheel with nrg quick disconnet. I also have an album Message - CrossfireForum.org Gallery that has some picks with the interior out. As soon as the cage is in I'll post them up. As far as the seat it is a fia certified momo with a 6 point racequip hans harness. We also are running a cool shirt set up, and if you don't have one of these they are a must in hot weather.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:58 PM

I'm at -2.4º camber up front, 0 toe and castor is what it is. I like the braking stability of 0 toe. I squeezed 255's on the front with a 30 offset (18x9) with a touch of outer fender rub. A slight roll took care of it. Front tires wear evenly. I'm at the maximum height front and over maximum at the rear. Height measurement just behind the front tires to the rocker is 5" front. Height measurement just in front of the rear tires is 5 1/8th". Rear alignment is now -1.2º with 1/8" total toe in. Castor is what it is. My car is on the loose side. The rear tires wear the inside a little quicker than the outside. I still have too much dive under braking and find trail braking difficult to get right with the sluggish weight transfer. My current driving style is to enter the corner a hair slower than available grip, late apex (duh) so I can be harder on the gas earlier. I've played with the shock settings a bit and they don't make a noticeable difference on the track. Now I put them full hard in the front and 9 to 16 clicks in the rear. The car is still too slow in transition ..... but fast as stink as you must already know. I'll take a look at your gallery.

Les

Old 07-30-2012, 08:37 PM

I see you've installed Needswings supercooler. Are you on the stock I/C pump? If you are think about a higher flow pump of your choice. The restriction is the intercooler and a stronger pump is needed to get a benefit from the supercooler. IMO. My car is running a bit hot (ECT's) and I'm removing my super sized heat exchanger and returning to the stock H/E. If it turns out to be a mistake the SSHE will go back in with a huge I/C pump.

Les