Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Inner Tie Rods & Tire Sensors

Old 03-15-2018, 07:22 PM
XIX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inner Tie Rods & Tire Sensors

Hey CrossfireForum! Earlier today I went in to a local shop to get my crossfire aligned again and the mechanic let me know that my inner tie rods are getting a bit worn out and advised me to replace them. He also mentioned that the sensors for tire pressure were getting worn out. Any places that I can go to buy these things that you guys know of? Thanks in advance!
-XIX

Old 03-15-2018, 10:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Inner Tie Rods & Tire Sensors

The inner tierod ends are not replaceable , without replacing the drag link. Only good thing about that is , it comes complete as a whole assembly ( link, bushings, inner an outer tierod ends). While doing it , go ahead an replace the steering damper too. Rockauto has what you need. Look at their thread an use the 5% discount code they gave us , that's good thru this month. There are several threads on the TPMS an Schrader valves with corresponding part numbers..hope that helps.

Last edited by Steve Jr; 03-15-2018 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:38 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by XIX
Hey CrossfireForum! Earlier today I went in to a local shop to get my crossfire aligned again and the mechanic let me know that my inner tie rods are getting a bit worn out and advised me to replace them. He also mentioned that the sensors for tire pressure were getting worn out. Any places that I can go to buy these things that you guys know of? Thanks in advance!
-XIX
You purchased this car in January, you say the dealer checked the car, do you have a warranty on the car.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:11 AM
Thumbs up Re: Inner Tie Rods & Tire Sensors

Originally Posted by XIX
-XIX
XIX, I just bought the whole front tie rod assembly off of ebay. Cost including shipping, $157+ change. If you want just the ends, Rock auto carries them, cheapie and specially hard ones.

https://www.rockauto.com/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Cr...53.m1438.l2649

Old 03-19-2018, 08:11 AM
XIX

Thank you to everyone who has replied, I decided to just purchase the entire assembly from RockAuto. I also am looking into buying a new set of rims for my Crossfire since these originals are pretty beaten up . Thanks again everyone!
-XIX

Old 03-19-2018, 08:05 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by XIX
Thank you to everyone who has replied, I decided to just purchase the entire assembly from RockAuto. I also am looking into buying a new set of rims for my Crossfire since these originals are pretty beaten up . Thanks again everyone!
-XIX
I went with esr sr08 18x8.5 & 19x10.5 and aftermarket external tpms and a display on the dash.
You should be fine changing steering assembly, I sure there are you tube videos on working on are slk

Old 03-20-2018, 07:59 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by XIX
He also mentioned that the sensors for tire pressure were getting worn out. Any places that I can go to buy these things that you guys know of? Thanks in advance! -XIX
Do you have a TPMS light on?

How soon you need tires? Meaning just get new sensors when you get tires. See signature area for TPMS info.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:19 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I needed new front rims, but the rears also had a lot of road rash, so I decided to just replace all of them. Got them here for 557.56 shipped. I just ordered them, so I can't say for sure how good they are. But the vendor has good reviews. https://www.wheelership.com/store/br...-rim-2229.html