CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   Lowest Aftermarket Springs? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/71832-lowest-aftermarket-springs.html)

frankthetank81 06-25-2015 09:44 AM

Lowest Aftermarket Springs?

Okay, so after searching here and online, I'm not finding a definite answer to my question, which spring will drop my crossfire the most? Getting the camber bars from Ground Control and the camber bolts for the front so I am good to go (Or at least I hope!) on that front. I really don't care how low the car sits, I just want to get ride of the 2 inch wheel well gap in there rear.

Also while I am asking questions, can some one shed some light on the spring pads? in the past on cars that I have lowered, I have taken these out completely sometimes and would slide a piece of rubber hose on the last coil to keep the noise down. I seen a variety of pad sizes on needswings.com, if I want the lowest drop possible do I just order the thinnest pads? or would the rubber hose trick work?

Thanks in advance.

frankthetank81 07-01-2015 02:42 PM

Re: Lowest Aftermarked Springs?

No One out there lowered their car?

turbomar 07-01-2015 11:10 PM

I would recommend that you cut your springs by 1/4 of a circle at a time and no more than 1/2 a circle. This will give you aprox. 1.5" drop. Any more than that and the ride becomes too harsh and unplaisant. If you want to drop more and are on a budget, you can shave the pillow blocks. I like the slipping a hose over the coil spring idea. However, I doubt this would be a long term solution

maxcichon 07-02-2015 02:59 PM

My Eibachs lowered the rear ~ 2.5" and the front 1.5".

After break-in, of course.

Oh-and 3-dot spring pads front and 5-dot rear. It's lowered MUCH more than Eibach advertises.

ala_xfire 07-02-2015 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon (Post 841041)

Oh-and 3-dot spring pads front and 5-dot rear. It's lowered MUCH more than Eibach advertises.

That's without Austin in the car with you ;)

maxcichon 07-05-2015 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 841052)
That's without Austin in the car with you ;)

Yep. Sans Austin. Full tank of 93, though!

I have a complaint in @ Eibach. We'll see.:rolleyes:

Selbyl 07-05-2015 07:32 PM

Your best option would probably be getting the ground control springs and getting the lowest spring pads possible. I think there was a company called B&G that made a kit that was 1.8" .

HOT FIYA 07-07-2015 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm on slightly tweaked KW V2 coilovers. They don't normally go this low....lol. And for the love of god don't cut your springs. It's not an 80's Honda.

Attachment 40053

maxcichon 07-10-2015 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon (Post 841327)
Yep. Sans Austin. Full tank of 93, though!

I have a complaint in @ Eibach. We'll see.:rolleyes:

I win. Eibach is sending me a new set, free. I don't know if it is just the rears they're sending, but I'll know early next week.:D

maxcichon 07-15-2015 10:44 AM

Re: Lowest Aftermarket Springs?

Anyone want to buy a new set of Eibach's?

millerzrule22 11-28-2015 03:00 PM

Does anyone know how much just the ground control springs lower your car inch wise? Their website does not give any details. I am trying to decide what springs to buy.

JOE6C 12-06-2015 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon (Post 841041)

How long would you say 'break-in' takes? I've just purchased some -35mm springs and had them fitted and it hasn't lowered the car as much as I thought it would...

maxcichon 12-06-2015 06:25 PM

12 weeks or so....