Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Front rims on back?

Old 09-12-2017, 07:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front rims on back?

Had a flat last night and tire is shot. I have a original set of front rims/tires in garage and was wondering if front rims can fit on rear temporarily till my new tires get here? Looks like I need to make a set of the adjustable arms to. The inside of the rear tires are definitely more worn.
thanks

Old 09-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Re: Front rims on back?

I wish I knew the answer to your question. I also have a good spare front wheel and tire just for that reason.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:42 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Travish
Had a flat last night and tire is shot. I have a original set of front rims/tires in garage and was wondering if front rims can fit on rear temporarily till my new tires get here? Looks like I need to make a set of the adjustable arms to. The inside of the rear tires are definitely more worn.
thanks
I can't answer that but if you buy from TireRack they will be there in a day or two. Remove a wheel, put on one of the spare fronts. If it doesn't rub, put on the other and you're good. You can get the parts for the adjustable camber arm as listed in a thread here from Speedway Automotive. They work great!

Old 09-13-2017, 01:05 PM
Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

In Germany many users (I also) used in the winter 4x 18" tires. So I can say that this works.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will give it a try.
Wasn't expecting to buy 2 rear tires in the same month as insurance, taxes, tags, and registrations on 3 cars.
I had the part numbers written down for the links from a year or two ago. How do you initially figure out the distance on the link ends for the correct camber?
Thanks again.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rob at NeedsWings is a good source for rear Ground Control adjustable arms. They are curved so they want rub your sway bar while driving over uneven surfaces. Squirrel Crusher