Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

KW springs

Old 01-13-2018, 05:36 PM
DHS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KW springs

OK, I got a KW spring set because they state you can adjust the height of there springs. Well I just spent seven hours getting the right rear spring off! So I start to put the new spring in and the rubber seat that goes in the upper mount does not fit on there adjustable perch, I happen to have a used front rubber seat with the three ***** and it is bigger than the rear one. Also no ***** on the rear one. Since the instructions suck and are so generic they are worthless, has any body used these springs, I went with them because of the adjustability BUT they will be all but impossible to adjust on the car! It would have been just as easy to get a fixed set (and much cheaper) and swap them out with the stock ones for track weekends or just run all the time with the lower springs.
So for the folks who have put in rear spring can you go without the rubber seat or will it be real noisy with the spring sitting against the body?
Any experience with the KW spring set.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
image.jpeg (1.63 MB, 6 views)
Old 01-21-2018, 03:48 PM
DHS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: KW springs

Just finished the springs, I have all four perches set for maximum height, the rears have 1/2 inch I can lower them. The fronts have 1 inch you can lower them. I will drive it for a few weeks to see how much settling takes place. I bought the spring compressor from eBay that goes up through the center of the springs. It just barely has the range to compress the spring to change them out. In the rear I had to remove the shock, sway bar and outer arm bolts to pull down to get them changed. The front I had to remove the outer sway bar cap to be able to lower the arm.
You really need two people to do it safely, so it looks like it lowered the car about an inch. So I have some lowering capability left. But getting to the perches to adjust them will be a major pain. The perches fit up in the cups for the springs and the springs will need to compressed to adjust them, also the rubber insulators are not used so I am not sure how much road noise we'll be increased.