CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   Help with Michelin Warranty (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/77780-help-michelin-warranty.html)

cuziamninja 02-04-2018 07:32 PM

Help with Michelin Warranty

I purchased 2 sets of Michelin Pilot Sports back in March of 2016 for my '05 Roadster,
I've put about 14,000 miles on it since then, however, the tread on the rear ones are at 1/32 and the fronts 4/32.

I haven't had them rotated due to the size difference on the front and back and from reading on here there is no point to rotate left/right.

From what I've read, my tires are still covered under their treadwear warranty -
"30,000 Mile Warranty" as listed here: http://media.michelinman.com/content...6_REV_0716.pdf

However, will I be denied due to not having #6 under the treadwear warranty? -
"documents showing that your tires
have been rotated and inspected every 6,000-8,000 miles"

steve1189 02-05-2018 08:54 AM

Re: Help with Michelin Warranty

Just keep in mind that once you have different size tires on front and rear axles, your new tire warranty is reduced to 50% by most, if not all, tire manufacturers since they can't be rotated.:(
steve1189

onehundred80 02-05-2018 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by cuziamninja (Post 901094)
I purchased 2 sets of Michelin Pilot Sports back in March of 2016 for my '05 Roadster,
I've put about 14,000 miles on it since then, however, the tread on the rear ones are at 1/32 and the fronts 4/32.

I haven't had them rotated due to the size difference on the front and back and from reading on here there is no point to rotate left/right.

From what I've read, my tires are still covered under their treadwear warranty -
"30,000 Mile Warranty" as listed here: http://media.michelinman.com/content...6_REV_0716.pdf

However, will I be denied due to not having #6 under the treadwear warranty? -
"documents showing that your tires
have been rotated and inspected every 6,000-8,000 miles"

Right to left should be done if possible with a tire flip to balance inner and outer wear. Not many bother I guess.
Would the TP monitors need flipping as well so that they stay in the same position.

Padgett 02-05-2018 11:41 AM

So write yourself a document saying that you inspected the tires at about 7500 miles (which I am sure you did) and what you found along with the statement about rotating and different sizes.

ps there are many different versions of "Pilot Sports", some are directional. Which do you have ?

pps also depends on your driving, when autocrossing seriously I had to replace two tires and one wheel nearly every weekend.

James1549 02-05-2018 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 901108)
Would the TP monitors need flipping as well so that they stay in the same position.

I don't think so. This car does not know what position they are in.

James

cuziamninja 02-05-2018 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Padgett (Post 901109)
So write yourself a document saying that you inspected the tires at about 7500 miles (which I am sure you did) and what you found along with the statement about rotating and different sizes.

ps there are many different versions of "Pilot Sports", some are directional. Which do you have ?

pps also depends on your driving, when autocrossing seriously I had to replace two tires and one wheel nearly every weekend.

I've got the 225/40R18 Pilot Super Sport XL on the front
Back: 255/35R19 Pilot Super Sports

onehundred80 02-05-2018 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by James1549 (Post 901110)
I don't think so. This car does not know what position they are in.

James

I thought that may be true because to get my car through the safety test required for imported cars and sold cars I borrowed some rears from SparkieSRT6 and the light never came on. Which I thought was strange. I was ready to disable the TPMS to pass the test.

Speedy4x4 02-05-2018 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 901108)
Right to left should be done if possible with a tire flip to balance inner and outer wear. Not many bother I guess.

What I do with my directional tires.
If you buy your tires and install that offers free rotatio, remind them, to rotate yours they have to be unmounted, flipped and remount ed, so what was on the inside on one side is now on the outside of the other.
But to keep tpms right, just mount tires on opposite wheel and done.

How was the wear on your tires, even or more on the inside.