CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   camber kit from f1 fabrication (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/78113-camber-kit-f1-fabrication.html)

alexdc 04-19-2018 01:06 PM

camber kit from f1 fabrication

Have you guys ever seen this option for camber ajustement?

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cro...9eeeb7d589.jpg

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cro...990f5797eb.jpg

I doubt that the front gives enough adjustment. Can you guys confirm this?

The fact that we don't have to take out the bushings out of the oem components makes it a great option.

Is there anything missing for the front?

zip439 04-19-2018 06:57 PM

Re: camber kit from f1 fabrication

I believe F1 only makes rear camber kits.

alexdc 04-19-2018 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by zip439 (Post 904396)
I believe F1 only makes rear camber kits.

This is straight from their website I forgot to put the links. Do I need anything else for the front for adjustment?

front
https://f1-fabrication.myshopify.com...ble-camber-arm

rear
https://f1-fabrication.myshopify.com...e-in-usa-red-1

Steve Jr 04-19-2018 07:21 PM

Well, I be danged! If your running wide or lowered this is the thing for you... :)

alexdc 04-19-2018 10:57 PM

but why does it seem like the k-mac kit has more ajustement?

James1549 04-19-2018 11:07 PM

I like the offsets on the rear link ends. James

Trenzman 04-21-2018 06:03 PM

they have them on ebay now, i posted it a month ago. Their r170 is the same as the crossfires upper adjustable control arm.

DHS 04-21-2018 08:49 PM

I put the K-MAC kit in this week for my SRT, got the car alignment today the camber is much better at - 1.2 from -1.6, I was eating up my inner tire also had a lot of toe in at 2.81 and today at 0.33. Car drives straight, I will need to put some miles on it to see how the tires wear. This kit will give you some adjustments for camber but not caster, the K-MAC will do both with the lower arm bushings. I can not say witch is better but the upper arm change looks to be limited to camber only.
Removing the lower A arm bushings is a PITA with out the removal tool, and pressing in the new bushings requires a big press but then your done.

Hasbro 04-21-2018 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by DHS (Post 904540)
I put the K-MAC kit in this week for my SRT, got the car alignment today the camber is much better at - 1.2 from -1.6, I was eating up my inner tire also had a lot of toe in at 2.81 and today at 0.33. Car drives straight, I will need to put some miles on it to see how the tires wear. This kit will give you some adjustments for camber but not caster, the K-MAC will do both with the lower arm bushings. I can not say witch is better but the upper arm change looks to be limited to camber only.
Removing the lower A arm bushings is a PITA with out the removal tool, and pressing in the new bushings requires a big press but then your done.

While your old suspension parts needed changing, it is generally toe that wears the tread more as opposed to camber on a healthy suspension. I'm not familiar with Xfires yet but I tend to run, depending on the type of car and how it's setup, up to sometimes more than negative 3 camber -on the street with sticky tires. If I'm easy on the toe, there is very little inner tire wear. Does this also hold true with xfires with a performance alignment?

alexdc 04-22-2018 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by DHS (Post 904540)

Thanks for the info. Now I don't know what to do. 😅 I was looking for a plug and play solution without the hassle of taking out bushings.

alexdc 04-30-2018 10:53 AM

Does anyone know which arm is for the front caster. I sent F1 fab an email to ask if they have an option to adjust it and they asked me to show them which arm is the front caster and that they might be able to do something. If we can have a plug and play solution over replacing the bushings that would be great.

DHS 04-30-2018 11:54 AM

OK, caster or camber? the front lower arm has two bushings, the front lower one can change your CAMBER, the rear will change Caster and affect the camber some. if you want to just change your CAMBER the kit that has the two notched washers is the cheapest easiest to use, there is no adjustability with this, you get what it sets. there is a Utube of this look for it on the Mercedes .

alexdc 04-30-2018 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by DHS (Post 905021)
OK, caster or camber? the front lower arm has two bushings, the front lower one can change your CAMBER, the rear will change Caster and affect the camber some. if you want to just change your CAMBER the kit that has the two notched washers is the cheapest easiest to use, there is no adjustability with this, you get what it sets. there is a Utube of this look for it on the Mercedes .

I said caster. They already have a camber arm available. I need a picture. Where do you insert the caster bushing from the k-mac kit?

DHS 04-30-2018 04:14 PM

C-Note has this post just a few below. Question Camber Kit...Help! look at it i show a photo of the rear caster K-Mac bushing in the lower arm.

alexdc 04-30-2018 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by DHS (Post 905041)
C-Note has this post just a few below. Question Camber Kit...Help! look at it i show a photo of the rear caster K-Mac bushing in the lower arm.

It's for the front.

DHS 05-01-2018 07:49 AM

The photo is of the FRONT lower "A" arm, the rear bigger bushing is the one that controls CASTER.

alexdc 05-01-2018 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by DHS (Post 905084)
The photo is of the FRONT lower "A" arm, the rear bigger bushing is the one that controls CASTER.

Unfortunately they can't fabricate another lower control arm (A arm). He said that it's because it holds the spring. :(

Do you guys think that I could combine this upper control arm for camber ajustement with the caster bushing in the lower arm for caster ajustement? or should I just do the whole lower arm kit? Or would the eccentric bolt be enough for caster ajustement with the upper arm for camber? I want to track the car. I also want to use it as a daily.

Thanks

paintergman 05-01-2018 06:53 PM

Just replace all four lower control arm bolts with eccentrics and add the F1 upper control arm and you should have all the adjustment you should ever need. I noticed F-1 fabrication just started making the front arms for the R170 suspension earlier this year, looks like a nice way to replace old worn out arms and add some extra range of adjustment.

paintergman 05-01-2018 07:00 PM

They do offer rear arms to adjust caster their description states it allows a greater range of adjustment than the factory set-up.

alexdc 05-01-2018 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by paintergman (Post 905130)
Just replace all four lower control arm bolts with eccentrics and add the F1 upper control arm and you should have all the adjustment you should ever need. I noticed F-1 fabrication just started making the front arms for the R170 suspension earlier this year, looks like a nice way to replace old worn out arms and add some extra range of adjustment.

Thank you!