Leaking Valve Stem Help - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource



Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2018, 02:48 PM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 210
Default Leaking Valve Stem Help

I have been having a slow leak in my 2007 crossfire and went to the tire shop and they showed me where my valve stem is leaking.

I did a search and saw where members were dislocating the sensor indicator. I want to do this because I have no interest in getting a valve stem with a sensor.

My question to everyone that I cannot seem to get an answer in my SEARCH on the forum is can I replace the TMPS with a standard rubber stem minus the TMPS. If so, can someone direct me to the right rubber stem to purchase.

Again I did a search on this matter and came up with nothing. Everyone spoke about dealing with dead battery sensors.

Any help will be greatly appreciated because the budget is tight these days due to medical costs
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2018, 03:00 PM
onehundred80's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Age: 78
Posts: 19,930
Default Re: Leaking Valve Stem Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrWilliams View Post
I have been having a slow leak in my 2007 crossfire and went to the tire shop and they showed me where my valve stem is leaking.

I did a search and saw where members were dislocating the sensor indicator. I want to do this because I have no interest in getting a valve stem with a sensor.

My question to everyone that I cannot seem to get an answer in my SEARCH on the forum is can I replace the TMPS with a standard rubber stem minus the TMPS. If so, can someone direct me to the right rubber stem to purchase.

Again I did a search on this matter and came up with nothing. Everyone spoke about dealing with dead battery sensors.

Any help will be greatly appreciated because the budget is tight these days due to medical costs
You can buy the valve stem by itself, it is attached to the sensor inside the tire. If you remove the sensor which is inside the tire you will have have the tire rebalanced. So fit a new valve stem by buying the stem kit and have it attached to the old sensor, it will be less than $20.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2018, 03:15 PM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 210
Default Re: Leaking Valve Stem Help

180:

When you say buy the stem kit does that come without the sensor. Hopefully so.

What stem do you suggest
I get as I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO EVEN BEGIN TO LOOK
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2018, 06:31 PM
onehundred80's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Age: 78
Posts: 19,930
Default Re: Leaking Valve Stem Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrWilliams View Post
180:

When you say buy the stem kit does that come without the sensor. Hopefully so.

What stem do you suggest
I get as I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO EVEN BEGIN TO LOOK
The stem comes in a so called Service Kit for the particular sensor you have installed.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2018, 02:49 PM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 210
Default Re: Leaking Valve Stem Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundred80 View Post
The stem comes in a so called Service Kit for the particular sensor you have installed.
180:

Thanks so much for educating me as I was totally clueless as to how to go about remedying my leaking valve stem. You ended up saving me a lot of money and aggravation.

Again thanks so much for the patience you showed towards to me in this matter

SrWilliams
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2018, 06:52 PM
waldig's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 4,315
Talking Re: Leaking Valve Stem Help

I threw away all of the sensors and stems, they will fail and here in Va the salt gets to them. Had three leak before I got them out of all my vehicles, and did the Rudy delete to rid the light on the dash. If your driving a sports car you can probably see the pressure when it gets bad and I check them every spring and summer anyway. The sensors are a nice idea till they age / fail and or leak: PITA.

Enjoy Woody
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2018, 07:35 PM
onehundred80's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Age: 78
Posts: 19,930
Default Re: Leaking Valve Stem Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldig View Post
I threw away all of the sensors and stems, they will fail and here in Va the salt gets to them. Had three leak before I got them out of all my vehicles, and did the Rudy delete to rid the light on the dash. If your driving a sports car you can probably see the pressure when it gets bad and I check them every spring and summer anyway. The sensors are a nice idea till they age / fail and or leak: PITA.

Enjoy Woody
Tossing the sensors can result in an automatic safety check fail if noticed in some jurisdictions, if the car came with sensors then they must work. Cars from September 2007 in the US and Canada have sensors as OEM equipment and they must work.

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-12-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2018, 07:38 PM
waldig's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 4,315
Talking Re: Leaking Valve Stem Help

HA 2005 crossfire and they dont check TPS here, thankfully. Woody
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2018, 07:39 PM
waldig's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 4,315
Talking Re: Leaking Valve Stem Help

HA 2005 crossfire and they dont check TPS here, thankfully. Woody
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chrome Valve Stem Caps, After Nirtogen Crossfire1957 Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension 20 06-30-2008 07:11 PM
Cracked valve stem... MDicillo Crossfire Coupe 7 02-27-2008 07:40 AM
Stock Valve Stem Caps? Romio Crossfire Coupe 17 02-22-2007 10:01 AM
Tire Valve Stem Caps rostija Crossfire Coupe 11 03-08-2005 02:28 PM
Valve Stem Caps - Functional or Cosmetic? 2005XFR Troubleshooting & Technical & Modifications 11 09-21-2004 09:08 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.