Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Leaking Valve Stem Help

Old 07-11-2018, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking Valve Stem Help

I have been having a slow leak in my 2007 crossfire and went to the tire shop and they showed me where my valve stem is leaking.

I did a search and saw where members were dislocating the sensor indicator. I want to do this because I have no interest in getting a valve stem with a sensor.

My question to everyone that I cannot seem to get an answer in my SEARCH on the forum is can I replace the TMPS with a standard rubber stem minus the TMPS. If so, can someone direct me to the right rubber stem to purchase.

Again I did a search on this matter and came up with nothing. Everyone spoke about dealing with dead battery sensors.

Any help will be greatly appreciated because the budget is tight these days due to medical costs

Old 07-11-2018, 03:00 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Leaking Valve Stem Help

Originally Posted by SrWilliams
I have been having a slow leak in my 2007 crossfire and went to the tire shop and they showed me where my valve stem is leaking.

I did a search and saw where members were dislocating the sensor indicator. I want to do this because I have no interest in getting a valve stem with a sensor.

My question to everyone that I cannot seem to get an answer in my SEARCH on the forum is can I replace the TMPS with a standard rubber stem minus the TMPS. If so, can someone direct me to the right rubber stem to purchase.

Again I did a search on this matter and came up with nothing. Everyone spoke about dealing with dead battery sensors.

Any help will be greatly appreciated because the budget is tight these days due to medical costs
You can buy the valve stem by itself, it is attached to the sensor inside the tire. If you remove the sensor which is inside the tire you will have have the tire rebalanced. So fit a new valve stem by buying the stem kit and have it attached to the old sensor, it will be less than $20.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:15 PM

180:

When you say buy the stem kit does that come without the sensor. Hopefully so.

What stem do you suggest
I get as I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO EVEN BEGIN TO LOOK

Old 07-11-2018, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by SrWilliams
180:

When you say buy the stem kit does that come without the sensor. Hopefully so.

What stem do you suggest
I get as I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO EVEN BEGIN TO LOOK
The stem comes in a so called Service Kit for the particular sensor you have installed.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The stem comes in a so called Service Kit for the particular sensor you have installed.
180:

Thanks so much for educating me as I was totally clueless as to how to go about remedying my leaking valve stem. You ended up saving me a lot of money and aggravation.

Again thanks so much for the patience you showed towards to me in this matter

SrWilliams

Old 07-12-2018, 06:52 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Leaking Valve Stem Help

I threw away all of the sensors and stems, they will fail and here in Va the salt gets to them. Had three leak before I got them out of all my vehicles, and did the Rudy delete to rid the light on the dash. If your driving a sports car you can probably see the pressure when it gets bad and I check them every spring and summer anyway. The sensors are a nice idea till they age / fail and or leak: PITA.

Enjoy Woody

Old 07-12-2018, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by waldig
I threw away all of the sensors and stems, they will fail and here in Va the salt gets to them. Had three leak before I got them out of all my vehicles, and did the Rudy delete to rid the light on the dash. If your driving a sports car you can probably see the pressure when it gets bad and I check them every spring and summer anyway. The sensors are a nice idea till they age / fail and or leak: PITA.

Enjoy Woody
Tossing the sensors can result in an automatic safety check fail if noticed in some jurisdictions, if the car came with sensors then they must work. Cars from September 2007 in the US and Canada have sensors as OEM equipment and they must work.

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-12-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:38 PM

HA 2005 crossfire and they dont check TPS here, thankfully. Woody

Old 07-12-2018, 07:39 PM

HA 2005 crossfire and they dont check TPS here, thankfully. Woody