CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   need advice, please, on Mandrus Millenium wheels (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/79662-need-advice-please-mandrus-millenium-wheels.html)

blueinsrq 02-12-2019 11:22 PM

need advice, please, on Mandrus Millenium wheels

Hi! I have an 08 coupe and need to replace the rims and tires. I would appreciate some specific advice from anyone who has Mandrus Millenium Rims.

What size rims do you have?
What size tires do you run with them?
Do they rub?
Not rubbing on anything is important to me. Any suggestions?
Do you use/need spacers?
What size lug bolts do you use?

Thank you in advance. Some informed specifics would be really helpful.
Pat

BadSRT2005 02-21-2019 07:08 AM

Re: need advice, please, on Mandrus Millenium wheels

I have mandrus millennium wheels
18x8.5 front with 32mm offset 5x112 bolt pattern
19x9.5 rear with 25mm offset 5x112 bolt pattern
235 40 18 tires on front
275 35 19 tires on rear
No spacers used on front or back
No rubbing
You WILL need 60° cone taper seat lug bolts for those wheels as the factory wheels use a ball seat lug bolts which will NOT fit mandrus wheels
23mm length 60° cone seat lug bolts for the rear ( need to be shorter so as not to interfere with parking brake cables) need 10 of them
28mm length 60° cone seat lug bolts for the front, need 10 of them

freddyL 02-21-2019 09:31 AM

I have the same set up as BADSRT with the exception of the front offset.because these wheels are not available in 7.5 (our standard size) you have to go with 8.5.I ordered the 43mm offset thinking I could keep the spacing of the wheel the same as stock.I had to use a 10mm spacer because of a clearance issue.going up one tire size from 225/40-18 to 235/40-18 no rubbing.

blueinsrq 02-21-2019 06:30 PM

Thank you very much, Freddy and BadSRT! This is exactly what I was looking for.
Pat

DHS 02-22-2019 08:25 PM

I guess this is for BadSRT2005, I have the big brake update on a NA with the SRT rims, bent a front wheel and need to decide if I want to replace that one SRT wheel or go with aftermarket wheels that can be replaced if damaged. The NA wheel will not clear the CLK500 sport caliper without a minimum 12mm spacer. The SRT wheel only needs about 3mm to clear that caliper, of course the spacer has to be hub centric and I am trying to minimize the size of the spacer. So with your front Millinium wheel how much clearance between the caliper and the spokes? Looking at my stock SRT it looks like about 20mm between the upper caliper and wheel. So could you check yours and see what it is? If greater than 23mm the Millinium might go on with no spacer for the CLK caliper!
My NA coupe is lowered so I am trying to keep the tires inside as much as possible, more info on the installation is on the brake thread that shows my 345mm front disk.
Dan

Tripster 02-22-2019 08:35 PM

I would be interested in purchasing the center caps if you decide to sell. Let me know thank you, I also have a factory chrome set for sale if you are interested. They are listed in my postings.

DHS 02-23-2019 02:36 PM

Also for both , the Mandrus web site shows a 19x8.5 or a 19x9.5 which do you have or did they make a 9.0 at one time?

freddyL 02-23-2019 02:54 PM

I am using the 9.5 with a 275/35-19 tire.as far as I know they never offered a 9.0 for the Millennium.

BadSRT2005 03-12-2019 09:35 PM

DHS...Im sorry for the late reply, haven't been available for a bit. I got a new toy to work on and been working 72hrs a week since Nov. Yes my rear rims are 9.5 inches wide also. I have not been able to do any measurements as my car is in winter storage, and for winter storage the stock rims are on it, since my mandrus wheels have extreme performance tires on them i have to store them inside for the winter. To top it all off i also have caliper covers on my calipers, so i wouldn't be able to give a measurement thats accurate without removing the stock wheel, then the caliper cover, then put mandrus wheel on, measure, then remove mandrus wheel, put cover back on, then put mandrus wheel back on....im sorry i cant help, if you are still in this predicament come summer time(may-june) reach out to me via private message(so i get the notification sooner) and i can try and measure the clearance.

DHS 03-13-2019 08:34 AM

BadSRT 2005,

No problem I have the the old NA wheels on my stock SRT, and can use those wheels on the NA with big calipers, Red Dog is going to check the clearance on his set.
Dan