CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   WTB - Items/Parts Wanted to Buy - Archive (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wtb-items-parts-wanted-buy-archive/)
-   -   crankshaft position sensor plug end (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wtb-items-parts-wanted-buy-archive/72545-crankshaft-position-sensor-plug-end.html)

bobbie 09-11-2015 06:47 PM

crankshaft position sensor plug end

2 Attachment(s)
help i really could use some help here. i have an 05 crossfire that has had starting issues. the code says its a bad crankshaft position sensor, so i replaced the part and still have the same issues. upon further investigation i found that if you jiggle the wires going to the sensor the car dies. so now im trying to find a new wire connector as pictured here or someway to repair this part as its not available, or at least i cant find one. anyone have this connector for sale or some insight on how to repair? thanks in advance

ala_xfire 09-11-2015 07:29 PM

Re: crankshaft position sensor plug end

Can you possibly get the connector apart enough to re-tension the plug connectors ?

KDW4Him 09-11-2015 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 847507)
Can you possibly get the connector apart enough to re-tension the plug connectors ?

My thought that also then I looked at picture 2, all you need is something small and pointed to go between the housing and pin to pry them towards the center. Do that on both sides of both pins then try the running wiggle test.

onehundred80 09-11-2015 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by bobbie (Post 847499)
help i really could use some help here. i have an 05 crossfire that has had starting issues. the code says its a bad crankshaft position sensor, so i replaced the part and still have the same issues. upon further investigation i found that if you jiggle the wires going to the sensor the car dies. so now im trying to find a new wire connector as pictured here or someway to repair this part as its not available, or at least i cant find one. anyone have this connector for sale or some insight on how to repair? thanks in advance

The CPS and the plug should fit together with the minimum of play between the two, the fit coming from these parts and not the contacts.
The Bosch CPS is said to fit tighter as the contacts on it are thicker, if a after market part does not fit reasonably tight to the plug then the contacts are bearing a load they were not designed to take.
Check the fit of the CPS and the plug, maybe it is too loose.

I have disconnected mine once and they seemed to fit quite tightly, the locking tab should keep the contacts in the correct position.

Lightly clean the contacts before assembly anyway.

robby363 09-12-2015 09:11 AM

I was having the same problem with the sensor I bought at Autozone. I bent the contact blades in the sensor so they were slightly uneven and it solved the problem. I did end up replacing it with the bosch cps just for piece of mind and kept the other one for a spare.

bobbie 09-12-2015 12:49 PM

so today i solved the problem, i went to the junkyard and looked at hundreds of pigtails and found the same one on a late model vw beetle. $2 and im back in business.