WTB - Items/Parts Wanted to Buy - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

wanted defective air charge cooler srt

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanted defective air charge cooler srt

I would like to buy or have donated an air charge cooler for the sc,.. defective with a reasonable price attached to it for an experiment.
thx for looking
pjpsrt

Old 10-01-2017, 07:40 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: wanted defective air charge cooler srt

I did many experiments and cut several up to examine the interior. What is it that you would like to do? Might be able to assist you, WDY

Old 10-01-2017, 11:20 AM
Default Re: wanted defective air charge cooler srt

hi woody it has been awhile. you provided some help w knowledge years back when I had a smeared keyway. thx again.
my son has been researching a project that at the moment we cant do to his project 1984 svo. (Houston flooding)
so we are going to try a setup wo intercooling, on the srt, just h2o for cooling.
so if you have an inlet and outlet neck available it would greatly aid our endeavor as it looks somewhat promising to us.
are there any obvious caveats that occur to you?
thx again
phil

Last edited by pjpsrt; 10-01-2017 at 11:24 AM. Reason: mangled syntax
Old 10-01-2017, 06:54 PM

Iam not sure of your request. Are you wanting the water fittings off a dead intercooler?? They are 5/8" pipe as I remember.

Just not following the water thing, how does the air charge get cooled in your experiment, can you make a sketch of your plan so I can follow along, please. Enjoy Woody

Old 10-02-2017, 06:50 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by waldig
Iam not sure of your request. Are you wanting the water fittings off a dead intercooler?? They are 5/8" pipe as I remember.

Just not following the water thing, how does the air charge get cooled in your experiment, can you make a sketch of your plan so I can follow along, please. Enjoy Woody
Really long garden hose
Just kidding, I too am curious, even though I don't have a 6.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:14 AM

thx for reply,
I want the end tanks, the coupling to the supercharger flange to the 'body' containing the ic core, and the oval outlet end tank.
in other words the two cast ends joined to the ic case, the flange side to the ic and the outlet side toward the tb.
the thought and idea is borrowed from some people who have gone to no ic at all but injecting h2o for cooling.
no real design yet beyond getting concept started gathering a few bits to work with.
basically some rendition of joining the tanks in some manner and spray between them.
it has been done on some turbo cars with what appears to be good results. initially we were going to do this to the svo. but that one is in trouble in storage now. delayed not RIP.
so if you have some end tanks and any other bits to spare today. I will gladly give you 2 hamburgers tomorrow..
and even pay the shipping.
thx phil

Old 10-02-2017, 09:28 AM

Ill get you some photos of what I have left, Woody