WTB - Items/Parts Wanted to Buy - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

WTB - Ignition switch assembly with key

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 03:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB - Ignition switch assembly with key

I just looked at a 2005 black roadster to buy. Didn't get an explanation why, but the dealership "mechanic" drilled out the cylinder and ruined the whole assembly. Will need a complete assembly with matching key/keys. Any suggestions?

Old 11-11-2017, 04:19 AM
Default Re: WTB - Ignition switch assembly with key

Been looking around, and apparently you also need the ECU Computer / Immobilizer that goes with it. The e-bay ads also mentioned that they only worked with an automatic transmission. This 05 roadster is a 6 speed manual. HELP!

Old 11-11-2017, 10:38 AM
Received 537 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by donsxfire
Been looking around, and apparently you also need the ECU Computer / Immobilizer that goes with it. The e-bay ads also mentioned that they only worked with an automatic transmission. This 05 roadster is a 6 speed manual. HELP!
Why worry let them fix it, it was probably a sticky key problem fixable for zero cost. Remember the key also fits the driver door and glove box.
Only the tumbler was ruined I would guess. If they get lost trying to fix it maybe you can buy it as a non runner for serious savings in $$$$$$$$
The knowledge to fix it is here, cheaply.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:02 AM

Hey onehundred80. Thanks for the quick response. I think you are correct about why they drilled it out. It appeared that they destroyed the entire housing and sawed off part of it. It's a mess and the sales manager is super pissed! I didn't mention the "sticky key fix". He was pissed enough already. Didn't want blood on my hands. HaHa. I offered him a really lowball number and he accepted it. I have found the whole computer/housing/key for a manual transmission on e-bay for $400. What do you think about the price? I'm glad you mentioned the door and glove box locks. Will it be possible to have these modified to the new key?

Old 11-11-2017, 11:59 AM

That e-bay offer is closed. Didn't notice when I first found it. It was with Redline Autosports out of Kissimmee Fl. Can't find this set for a manual transmission. Back to square one.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How are you starting the car right now? Or are you ? As long as the key is close to the halo in the ignition it will work. You can buy a set of tumblers an have a lock smith fit your key to it.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:25 PM
Received 537 Likes on 454 Posts

Hey onehundred80. Thanks for the quick response. I think you are correct about why they drilled it out. It appeared that they destroyed the entire housing and sawed off part of it. It's a mess and the sales manager is super pissed! I didn't mention the "sticky key fix". He was pissed enough already. Didn't want blood on my hands. HaHa. I offered him a really lowball number and he accepted it. I have found the whole computer/housing/key for a manual transmission on e-bay for $400. What do you think about the price? I'm glad you mentioned the door and glove box locks. Will it be possible to have these modified to the new key?
Do you mean the SKREEM, housing and key?
I think you only need, the housing and a tumbler that fits your key, that way your key starts the car and operates all locks. I am not sure if you can modify a tumbler to match your key, you could in the old days. If not you could have a key for the door, passenger air bag(?) and glove box and another on the fob that matches your ignition switch, and starts the car. The fob opening the door and trunk remotely, the drivers door needing the old key to manually open.
The key to open the door would not be on a fob, have a regular key cut that fits on the key ring.
The new key would be fitted to your fob(s) and not losing the chip inside the fob. How to do this is in a PDF on this forum.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:34 PM

To: Steve Jr/onehundred80:

The sales manager started the car. The key fob was taped to the (sensor?), and it looked like he turned what was left of the housing using a butterknife. If I'm understanding you correctly, I can buy a new housing and cylinder and get the new cylinder keyed to the original key without dealing with the electronics. This would eliminate the problem of rekeying the door and glove box locks. Am I correct?

Don't know what a SKREEM is. I have found just the housing on line, but I haven't found out if it will work with a manual transmission. Haven't looked for a new cylinder yet. More research is required. Any further guidance will certainly be appreciated.

Thanks guys, Sincerely Don

Old 11-11-2017, 01:40 PM

To: Steve Jr/onehundred80:

The sales manager started the car. The key fob was taped to the (sensor?), and it looked like he turned what was left of the housing using a butterknife. If I'm understanding you correctly, I can buy a new housing and cylinder and get the new cylinder keyed to the original key without dealing with the electronics. This would eliminate the problem of rekeying the door and glove box locks. Am I correct?

Don't know what a SKREEM is. I have found just the housing on line, but I haven't found out if it will work with a manual transmission. Haven't looked for a new cylinder yet. More research is required. Any further guidance will certainly be appreciated.

Thanks guys, Sincerely Don

Old 11-11-2017, 01:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I'm understanding you correctly, I can buy a new housing and cylinder and get the new cylinder keyed to the original key without dealing with the electronics. This would eliminate the problem of rekeying the door and glove box locks. Am I correct?
It should be no problem, for a locksmith, to replace the tumblers in a cylinder, to be keyed to your key. The steps to remove your cylinder can be found in ,"sticky key fix" , in 180s signature. If your on a mobile scroll to the bottom of the page an click on , view full site.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:51 PM

Thanks Steve. I'll keep looking for the parts. Any further guidance will certainly be appreciated. Don

Old 11-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Cr...NZ2-Nd&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/06-CHRYSLER...JZ-4-7&vxp=mtr

Last edited by James1549; 11-11-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:45 PM

This is what I have found on Amazon:

Mercedes part number for housing W0133-1607413-OES

Mercedes part number for cylinder W0133-1619200-FEB

Total price for both = less than $200

When I did the model search on the site for these two parts with the seller, it said "does not fit 2005 Crossfire", however down in the Q&A section it has people saying it fits their Crossfires. Anybody out there have any feedback?

Still unclear if the manual transmission vs automatic transmission plays a role with these parts. Comments?

Old 11-11-2017, 02:58 PM

To: James1549

Thanks for the e-bay links. Sent questions to the sellers. Hopefully I can get by with just the cylinder and housing.