WTB - Items/Parts Wanted to Buy - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Cedar Interior

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 09:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cedar Interior

Looking for any cedar interior pieces. Currently I have the headlight switch dash piece. Wouldn’t need the full door panels as I could just swap out the the slate gray for the red piece. ( if the door panels are damaged )

Old 10-15-2018, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cedar Interior

I have a steering wheel and air bag/horn button

Old 10-15-2018, 03:53 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by MHPrior80
Looking for any cedar interior pieces. Currently I have the headlight switch dash piece. Wouldn’t need the full door panels as I could just swap out the the slate gray for the red piece. ( if the door panels are damaged )
Could it be cheaper to paint the ones you have, maybe buy the steering wheel.
Amazing work has been done before here.
The paint seems to stand up very well.

Old 10-22-2018, 11:37 PM

Where would you get the paint for the cedar interior? I have been looking for months and can’t find it.

Old 10-22-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar-Benze
I have a steering wheel and air bag/horn button
I’d be interested in just the steering wheel. No airbag. Any pics? Damage etc?

Old 10-22-2018, 11:39 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

Where would you get the paint for the cedar interior? I have been looking for months and can’t find it.
You can get the dyes mixed to the colour spec.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:59 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I used Parasol and the colour match was perfect. They ship worldwide.
Parasol Inc. -

Old 10-26-2018, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
I used Parasol and the colour match was perfect. They ship worldwide.
Parasol Inc. -
did you send a sample or was this some thing you emailed them about and have the color in stock?

Old 10-26-2018, 09:06 PM

They are not far from me , about 1 hr. away so I e-mailed them and arranged to drop off my glove box door with them and about a week later I picked up the dye and my glove box door. The match was perfect. I know they get items shipped to them to colour match and they ship the item back with the order.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:30 PM

They are not far from me , about 1 hr. away so I e-mailed them and arranged to drop off my glove box door with them and about a week later I picked up the dye and my glove box door. The match was perfect. I know they get items shipped to them to colour match and they ship the item back with the order.
alright thanks. I’ll need to buy a part then for color matching if I go that route. Thanks for the heads up too!

Old 10-27-2018, 12:51 AM

how did the paint come? In a can or aerosol?

Old 10-27-2018, 01:18 AM
JSK
Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Maybe the company who did the match stored the formula for the color.

Old 10-27-2018, 08:27 AM

how did the paint come? In a can or aerosol?
They sell it by the liter in cans and will put it in spray bombs if you want for a few dollars more. Their website has all the info you need or send them a note, I found them very helpful and good to deal with..

Old 10-27-2018, 10:29 PM

did you send a sample or was this some thing you emailed them about and have the color in stock?
sorry for all the questions, but any chance you have any pics of what you redid when repairing the interior? Just curious how it looks. Thanks.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:26 AM

I don't think pics will accurately depict the results, at least my camera won't. It wasn't the colour they had to match, but the sheen also. When I went to pick up the paint, they had about a dozen spray-outs that they held up to the glove box door under natural and artificial light and had me compare from an angle and head on. When I removed the various parts that I wanted to re-dye,and compared them to each other only some of them where a 100% match with each other, some where slightly lighter, some where slightly darker but I never noticed until I compared them to each other. Surface texture will reflect light differently and aging and UV rays can affect the appearance of the panels, so the dye that matched the glove box door didn't 100% match some the other trim panels and it's also very possible they never 100% matched from the factory. I've seen new cars at dealerships where from certain angles and degrees of light, the bumpers don't match the rest of the car, especially lighter colours such as silver, beige, light blues, etc. What I ended up doing was re-dying all of the lower dash and center console panels to ensure continuity of colour and sheen. What I ended up with is a much more durable surface, that still has the look of the OEM rubberized surface but doesn't scratch or peel like it. I've had many compliments by Crossfire owners on how well my interior paint has held up. They complained they have experienced peeling paint issues and I told them I had the same issues. No one had realized the panels had been re-dyed and most touched the panels to confirm they were no longer rubbery even though they looked original. Nothing is perfect but this worked to my satisfaction. I should note that I did start with the tautflex product (which necessitated shipping a part to Australia for colour matching) the SLK folks are using, but the colour match wasn't nearly as good. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. Like all work, the key to success is in the prep.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:14 PM

I don't think pics will accurately depict the results, at least my camera won't. It wasn't the colour they had to match, but the sheen also. When I went to pick up the paint, they had about a dozen spray-outs that they held up to the glove box door under natural and artificial light and had me compare from an angle and head on. When I removed the various parts that I wanted to re-dye,and compared them to each other only some of them where a 100% match with each other, some where slightly lighter, some where slightly darker but I never noticed until I compared them to each other. Surface texture will reflect light differently and aging and UV rays can affect the appearance of the panels, so the dye that matched the glove box door didn't 100% match some the other trim panels and it's also very possible they never 100% matched from the factory. I've seen new cars at dealerships where from certain angles and degrees of light, the bumpers don't match the rest of the car, especially lighter colours such as silver, beige, light blues, etc. What I ended up doing was re-dying all of the lower dash and center console panels to ensure continuity of colour and sheen. What I ended up with is a much more durable surface, that still has the look of the OEM rubberized surface but doesn't scratch or peel like it. I've had many compliments by Crossfire owners on how well my interior paint has held up. They complained they have experienced peeling paint issues and I told them I had the same issues. No one had realized the panels had been re-dyed and most touched the panels to confirm they were no longer rubbery even though they looked original. Nothing is perfect but this worked to my satisfaction. I should note that I did start with the tautflex product (which necessitated shipping a part to Australia for colour matching) the SLK folks are using, but the colour match wasn't nearly as good. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. Like all work, the key to success is in the prep.
thanks! I tried emailing them but the site is down for some reason. If I can’t get through On an email I’ll give them a call