WTB - Items/Parts Wanted to Buy - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Wanted chrysler crossfire rear boot lettering

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 06:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted chrysler crossfire rear boot lettering

UK based but will pay for shipping from anywhere. looking for a NOS set of letter or a totally mint set of second handers. Paypal means instant payment for you. Thanks

Old 04-21-2019, 08:22 AM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Re: Wanted chrysler crossfire rear boot lettering

Originally Posted by lndac02
UK based but will pay for shipping from anywhere. looking for a NOS set of letter or a totally mint set of second handers. Paypal means instant payment for you. Thanks
I guess you never did a search on this, these have been in demand for years. No new ones have showed up recently and used letters have gone for $10 to $20 each. Someone was giving them away for the postage price but as nobody was giving them to him free anymore that died out.
Try eBay they show up there once in awhile.
I think we can say that no Crossfire specific parts are available new anymore, except a few after market copies which are sometimes of dubious quality. Parts that are shared with Mercedes cars are available, some OEM parts and some after market parts, again some of these may be of dubious quality.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:55 AM

Thanks 180 I did see them on ebay but we had that conversation about fitting them and I really want to get it right as I have just had the boot painted and it looks outstanding so I thought..."I know lets ask on the forum and see if someone anywhere has a new set with template sitting in their store or garage" You are right I will have to resort to ebay, but within reason was about ready to pay a lot for a new set. This is the car I always promised myself one day and I totally love the thing so I really wanted to do the right thing. Chrysler are asses for pulling the plug on these sort of items so quickly when you can still get badges etc for 40 year old fords. There are a lot of us who really love these cars and I'm sure I can count you in on that 180 :0) thanks for always replying

Old 04-21-2019, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I guess you never did a search on this, these have been in demand for years. No new ones have showed up recently and used letters have gone for $10 to $20 each. Someone was giving them away for the postage price but as nobody was giving them to him free anymore that died out.
Try eBay they show up there once in awhile.
I think we can say that no Crossfire specific parts are available new anymore, except a few after market copies which are sometimes of dubious quality. Parts that are shared with Mercedes cars are available, some OEM parts and some after market parts, again some of these may be of dubious quality.
hey 180 I am also in a aero blue ST6 2006. isn't it a fine machine. I'm having a Viking burial in mine

Old 04-21-2019, 10:33 AM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

hey 180 I am also in a aero blue ST6 2006. isn't it a fine machine. I'm having a Viking burial in mine
It may burn well but it will not float too far.
Your best bet is a Sutton Hoo burial.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-21-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:23 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts

Chrysler are asses for pulling the plug on these sort of items so quickly when you can still get badges etc for 40 year old fords.
1) They built way more than 77,000 Fords.
2) The company that built the Crossfire does not exist anymore.
3) The sub-contractor factory that assembled the Crossfire does not exist anymore.