View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 01:10 AM
mlederer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NWCC Drive North Cascades Scenic Highway

**LAST UPDATE: 9/23/16 10:00pm**

So.... are YOU ready?!! I sure am!

This is it... my last update before we meet in the morning.
Message me with any issues that come up prior to meeting.

We are at a total of thirteen cars and 21 people if the following list is correct:

Michelle
Linda +1
Nathan
Bloo
Paul
Ronnie2 & Diane
Bill
Doug & Brenda
Erik & Joanne
Gary & Anna

**First Timers: Welcome to NWCC!**
Lisa Mora
Arlene Andresen
John Nichols & Wife / Arlington, WA
Jim (jilsail from Crossfire Forum) & Wife / Mill Creek, WA

The weather is expected to be dry as we head out and Winthrop should be at about 70 for the day. Please dress for cool temps & wind in the mountains. We will be eating dinner outside in Winthrop and the temp will drop when the sun goes down.

As I mentioned last night, we will be trying to keep a steady pace throughout the day in order to make it to Winthrop by 6;00pm, so we need everyone's cooperation to make that happen.

Please note that Winthrop is a very small town and most businesses and restaurants close by 9pm --- including EAST20 Pizza & Brew where we are having dinner, as well as The Virginian Resort main lobby seating area.

We shouldn't be impacted by the unfortunate situation that unfolded at the Cascade Mall in Burlington tonight, but I can't guarantee how the traffic situation might be affected in the area. We are meeting one exit north of the Cascade Mall on the opposite side of I-5 from the mall, so we should be ok.

Please bring your extra radios as we will have a couple of new drivers that may need them. We will be on channel 5 as usual.

That's it for now... I'm looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Drive Safe - See You Soon!

Last edited by mlederer; 09-24-2016 at 01:22 AM.