Car Shows The place to discuss car shows and tips and tricks for winning them...

Chicago Auto Show 2013 preview - VIP pass from "driveSRT"

Old 02-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Chicago Auto Show 2013 preview - VIP pass from "driveSRT"

The following VIP invitation has been fwd/sent to me to represent CICCI and attend this years Chicago Auto Show.
I will be attending this event on behalf of CICCI and I am excited to have the opportunity to attend.
This VIP day is 1 day prior to the show opening to the public

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, SRT club leaders
The Chicago Auto Show is fast approaching, and as Social Media Day materializes, we wanted to extend an invitation for a representative of your club from the Chicago area to attend on your club’s behalf.
Due to space limitations, we are only able to accommodate one representative from your club; no guests.

Friday, February 8, 2013 marks an opportunity to join SRT executives and engineers at the Chicago Auto Show.
Your representative’s credentials allows access to the entire show floor from 8 AM to 4 PM.

Please plan to join SRT for a VIP booth tour .
We hope that your representative will capture media and stories on the show floor to share with your forum.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Default re: Chicago Auto Show 2013 - VIP pass for CICCI from "driveSRT"

It's Official I received this email with my registration form outlining the agenda for Friday.................

You have been invited to attend the Social Media Preview at the 2013 Chicago Auto Show.
Thank you for registering for the Social Media Preview at the 2013 Chicago Auto Show.
The Social Media Preview will take place on Friday, February 8th from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.

During this event, invitees will have access to the show floor of the Chicago Auto Show and the Continental Media Center.
The Chicago Auto Show is held annually in the North and South Exhibition Halls of McCormick Place.
First staged in 1901, the Chicago Auto Show is the largest auto show in North America and has been held more times than any other auto exposition on the continent.

This year marks the 105th edition of the Chicago Auto Show.

The show floor comprises more than 1 million square feet of exhibit space featuring more than 1000 vehicles.
The cars may be the stars at the Chicago Auto Show but Chrysler Group wants you to be our guest -- and get a first-hand look at some of the newest vehicles from Mopar and Dodge, Jeep®, FIAT and SRT.

All of Chrysler Group brands will be well-represented during CAS, but starting at 9:30 a.m., you’ll get a first-hand tour of:

9:30 a.m.: Mopar ’13 Dart

9:40 a.m.: 2014 Fiat 500L

9:50 a.m.: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

10 a.m.: 2013 SRT Viper

Afterwards we will give you a private tour of the SRT display at 10:30 AM, where you will interface with SRT executives and engineers.
We hope you’ll share stories and photos from the show with your community.
In addition, the adventuresome Jeep riding track will be available for a first-hand experience of the off-road capabilities of the Jeep lineup.

We look forward to seeing you in Chicago

Old 02-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Chicago Auto Show 2013 preview - Thank You "driveSRT"

Gary .... can you say "black tie" ..... we do expect a FULL report and lots of "free" samples for auction for benefit of CICCI. Did they say anything about bringing someone to help carry all the stuff, while you take pics? j/k
Have a great time ...... you are CICCIs perfect representative, and good will ambassador....

Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default re: Chicago Auto Show 2013 preview - Thank You "driveSRT"

Looking forward to pics Gary, enjoy. Nice to have CICCI reconized and invited.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Default Re: Chicago Auto Show 2013 - VIP pass for CICCI from "driveSRT"

Originally Posted by VALK

You have been invited to attend.
Thank you for registering for the Social Media Preview at the 2013 Chicago Auto Show.
The Social Media Preview will take place on Friday, February 8th from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.

During this event, invitees will have access to the show floor of the Chicago Auto Show and the Continental Media Center.

The show floor comprises more than 1 million square feet of exhibit space featuring more than 1000 vehicles.
The cars may be the stars at the Chicago Auto Show but Chrysler Group wants you to be our guest -- and get a first-hand look at some of the newest vehicles from Mopar and Dodge, Jeep®, FIAT and SRT.

All of Chrysler Group brands will be well-represented during CAS, but starting at 9:30 a.m., you’ll get a first-hand tour of:

9:30 a.m.: Mopar ’13 Dart

9:40 a.m.: 2014 Fiat 500L

9:50 a.m.: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

10 a.m.: 2013 SRT Viper

Afterwards we will give you a private tour of the SRT display at 10:30 AM, where you will interface with SRT executives and engineers.
We hope you’ll share stories and photos from the show with your community.
In addition, the adventuresome Jeep riding track will be available for a first-hand experience of the off-road capabilities of the Jeep lineup.

We look forward to seeing you in Chicago
Tomorrow............
Camera packed, batteries charged and I'm ready to go meet the SRT folks and much much more

Old 02-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Chicago Auto Show 2013 preview - VIP pass from "driveSRT

me and the wife got invited in last year by srt.Its a great day to go hardly any crowd and you get a chance to see everything.You will have a blast

Old 02-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts

Gary

When you meet the "SRT" guys, ask them for a contact person that we can obtain the total SRT6 VIN# listing with all of the details, they may have the contact we've been looking for over the years and failed to obtain.

Dennis
DTMenace

Old 02-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Gary, please get a report on the possibility of the new SRT Dart!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by maxcichon

I 2nd that I need a another car in 2013 before next winter!

Old 02-08-2013, 12:40 PM

Dart Schmart. Where's the 'Cuda? That's the one I'll consider trading the roadster for...

Old 02-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar or No Car
Dart Schmart. Where's the 'Cuda? That's the one I'll consider trading the roadster for...
No trade in this. A replacement for my DD ('00 Honda Accord I4, Sedan. White). I feel like I rented it back in my youth. And someone else was paying for it!

God, I hate this car...

Old 02-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Forum Regular

Sadly its not looking good.Here is a quote from the 5yr plan laid out by Sergio

SRT: The Viper, released last year, will next be refreshed in 2015. But Chrysler Group's performance brand won't get another new vehicle exclusive to it until 2016. But three SRT vehicles sold under other brands will be refreshed in 2014.

also here is some other info

Old 02-08-2013, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by hawksview
Sadly its not looking good.Here is a quote from the 5yr plan laid out by Sergio

SRT: The Viper, released last year, will next be refreshed in 2015. But Chrysler Group's performance brand won't get another new vehicle exclusive to it until 2016. But three SRT vehicles sold under other brands will be refreshed in 2014.

also here is some other info

I saw that before but I'm still holding out slight hope it may come out soon. The RWD thing doesnt really hold up due to the Jeep having a AWD SRT model. The most likely scenario is no Dart SRT but there will be a R/T one and that will not have the same performance pressures that the SRT name places on the model and will allow them to stay FWD. I guess we will see.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I go every year with a local enthusiast group and we tried to ask about the Dart SRT4 and all the SRT brand guys were very good at saying "We cannot talk about future models and features". We did however get in to a half hour or so conversion about the SRT4 Neon, how it brought buyers to the SRT brand that normally wouldn't be able to afford one. And that stage kits made the Neon an affordable performer with a factory warranty. The response we received from that was "We have heard that a lot from loyalest and we are listening. Look what we have done with the SRT8 Core vehicles." All in all it was a fantastic day!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
I go every year with a local enthusiast group and we tried to ask about the Dart SRT4 and all the SRT brand guys were very good at saying "We cannot talk about future models and features". We did however get in to a half hour or so conversion about the SRT4 Neon, how it brought buyers to the SRT brand that normally wouldn't be able to afford one. And that stage kits made the Neon an affordable performer with a factory warranty. The response we received from that was "We have heard that a lot from loyalest and we are listening. Look what we have done with the SRT8 Core vehicles." All in all it was a fantastic day!
Brian pretty much sums up a few of the questions asked in the prior posts on this thread.
Brian and I met at the show today and talked a bit about his SRT.
I didn't read any of you questions til just now tonight so unfortunately I was unaware of some of things to discuss/ask the SRT group.

I did shoot about 375 photos today from one million square feet of the Chicago auto show and will post a link soon.
....... It was an amazing experience

Old 02-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Default Re: Chicago Auto Show 2013 preview - VIP pass from "driveSRT"

I was invited as a VIP guest by the good folks at DriveSRT to attend the Chicago Auto Show on "Social Media Day" one day prior to it being opened to the public.
I was invited on behalf of my involvement with. C-I-C-C-I-..
It was a pleasure to meet several of the SRT Executives and Engineers and be introduced to all the new SRT vehicles at this years auto show.
Afterwards I toured the entire One Million square foot auto show and captured about 325 photos which are all here in my album

Enjoy the show in full screen view

Chicago Auto Show - 2013 | Slideshow

Old 02-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by srtswizz
I saw that before but I'm still holding out slight hope it may come out soon. The RWD thing doesnt really hold up due to the Jeep having a AWD SRT model. The most likely scenario is no Dart SRT but there will be a R/T one and that will not have the same performance pressures that the SRT name places on the model and will allow them to stay FWD. I guess we will see.
Alot of people were hoping this car would come to market including my son.Unless there is a big change in plans i can tell you as of right now you will not see an srt dart anytime soon

Old 02-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Valk - Great pics, thanks for sharing. Love the new Viper.

Dang if Jean Marc isn't looking more like a movie star each time I see him.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VALK
I was invited as a VIP guest by the good folks at DriveSRT to attend the Chicago Auto Show on "Social Media Day" one day prior to it being opened to the public.
I was invited on behalf of my involvement with. C-I-C-C-I-..
It was a pleasure to meet several of the SRT Executives and Engineers and be introduced to all the new SRT vehicles at this years auto show.
Afterwards I toured the entire One Million square foot auto show and captured about 325 photos which are all here in my album

Enjoy the show in full screen view

Chicago Auto Show - 2013 | Slideshow
Woot picture 119! Our local club made Adam Barrera's (driveSRT Media) facebook, twitter and instagram. We are famous lol!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gary, thanks for taking all those photo's and posting all of them here on the forum. Great seeing J.M. as well.
Now, tell me how you guys missed this photo opp.

Rare AMC AMX/3 prototype on display at the Chicago Auto Show | Fox News

Quick Reply: Chicago Auto Show 2013 preview - VIP pass from "driveSRT"