Car Shows The place to discuss car shows and tips and tricks for winning them...

Bloomsburg nationals

Old 08-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Bloomsburg nationals

Originally Posted by DTMenace
It was definitely Jim, but I don't think he had the CICCI hat, since he and I are not members of CICCI at this time.....
Dennis
DTMenace

I'm sure that was me but the hat is just a Crossfire hat, as Dennis stated, neither one of us is a CICCI member at present.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:48 PM

I have decided not to attend the Bloomsburg show! After thinking about this, it seems ridiculous to pay $40 for them to make money from my car, they charge $10 entry to see the cars. None of that money goes to a charity, none of it goes for trophies, none of it goes anywhere that it will do some good except into their pockets. If they drop their price to $25, maybe but not $40. The same with Carlisle. I loved meeting the other owners but there is nothing there that couldn't be accomplished at, say, Fontana Lake. or any organized meet. I will find a show that goes to a good charity or maybe even 2 shows. That would cost me $20 and do some good and I might even get a trophy.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:52 AM

Well, once again I change my mind!!! I couldn't find another good show to go to in the area and the weather looks like it will be great, so I will pony up the bucks and go, besides, many of my friends are going and I can't pass up an opportunity to show and talk about my car. I like to talk, should have been a lawyer, I don't always tell the complete truth, I don't lie but I might leave out a few details. LOL A lot like some other forum members.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: Bloomsburg nationals

So to summarize, counselor you claim that you may or may not be there on sat with or without said vehicle in the show....stick to the facts sir or I will be forced to site you with contempt....oh and by the way how does the registration process work on sat? I'm definitely thinking about going.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by k2obrick
So to summarize, counselor you claim that you may or may not be there on sat with or without said vehicle in the show....stick to the facts sir or I will be forced to site you with contempt....oh and by the way how does the registration process work on sat? I'm definitely thinking about going.

You just pull in, park it any place and then go to the industrial building, there you pay and get your window sticker and goody bag. No set place to park, I like to be near the vendors on the midway. I will be there with the aforementioned car Friday Sat and Sunday. My exwife already cited me with contemp and got all my money, even I couldn't talk my way out of that.
I'll look for you and if I can save a space, I will.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:51 AM

What day is awards and judging jim? Do you have to be there all 3 days? Ive only been there as a spectator. .

Old 08-06-2014, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
You just pull in, park it any place and then go to the industrial building, there you pay and get your window sticker and goody bag. No set place to park, I like to be near the vendors on the midway. I will be there with the aforementioned car Friday Sat and Sunday. My exwife already cited me with contemp and got all my money, even I couldn't talk my way out of that.
I'll look for you and if I can save a space, I will.

I want to bring my highly modded n/a and my v8 xfire sat and sun so I have to pay for both but if I cannot be judged and even have the possibility of getting an award, I will just go to the Crossfires of Maryland Show on Sat. just let me know since you have been in this show before...

Old 08-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by xfireon20z
I want to bring my highly modded n/a and my v8 xfire sat and sun so I have to pay for both but if I cannot be judged and even have the possibility of getting an award, I will just go to the Crossfires of Maryland Show on Sat. just let me know since you have been in this show before...
The Crossfires of Maryland Show is at Linganore Winery in Mt. Airy, MD and it's participant judging. Vendors, food, music and a boat load of Crossfires attending.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by ichon
The Crossfires of Maryland Show is at Linganore Winery in Mt. Airy, MD and it's participant judging. Vendors, food, music and a boat load of Crossfires attending.
thanx for the info i may be attending but i may go to this show since its alot closer to me...

Old 08-06-2014, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by xfireon20z
What day is awards and judging jim? Do you have to be there all 3 days? Ive only been there as a spectator. .

There are no classes. They select about 10 cars for recognition, usually they are from the 40's to 60's and might include a couple pickups. This is done on Sat and then they are displayed at the bandstand on Sunday. Just about no chance for an award. Good luck at the other show.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
There are no classes. They select about 10 cars for recognition, usually they are from the 40's to 60's and might include a couple pickups. This is done on Sat and then they are displayed at the bandstand on Sunday. Just about no chance for an award. Good luck at the other show.
That just sucks why do they charge so much money for that BS

Old 08-08-2014, 12:05 AM

The same reason as at Carlisle, they are getting rich from us. We pay to show our cars, they charge the public to see them. They make a fortune over 10 weekends of the year. No nice trophies, no judges, just provide the space and a few employs that probably make just over minimum. The Miller boys have a good racket going, I wish that I had thought of it. I do not know how they can call it Nationals though, without professional judging, the awards don't really mean much, too susceptible to ballot stuffing and large club influences. If I could have found a nice show with a good charity, I wouldn't be going but I do love Denny and Pearls pizza, the best thing about this show.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:00 PM

Well, another Bloomsburg show and I was the only Crossfire, once again. This show is definitely getting better, lots of cars again but now there were more events and vendors and public attendance was good on Friday, not bad on Sunday but huge on Sat. It was actually pretty crowded. I parked near the PPG sponsored custom painting company, ( Korek Design), and picked the brain of the young guy who is part owner and main painter, Ryan, getting some tips and info about guns, painting and buffing. They had a couple of cars on display which were absolutely flawless and beautiful, one a national award winner. Many of the attendees were from a good distance and from what they said will definitely come back.