Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Route 66 Coast to Coast Tour

Old 07-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Route 66 Coast to Coast Tour

We need to do a Route 66 tour. Similar to the 50 anniversary Corvette tour. Just imagine if we could just get half the members from XFi that's over 100 crossfires nose to tail going across this great county of ours.

I posted this here since it should get more attention.

Old 07-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default re: Route 66 Coast to Coast Tour

Neat idea...actually it would be fun if we got some object and do a relay across the country...Start in Maine or somewhere, have XF owners agree to meet, hand it off (maybe sign it, or at least take pictures of the hand off) so and so on...you could track it like folks do with dollar bills, then send it to Chrysler.

Old 07-23-2006, 01:19 PM

That's a neat idea but I don't think it would attract the attention of a gaggle of crossfires. I was think this could be a possible project for next spring. Especially if we could somehow raise money for a good charity or something.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Crossfire Cross Country Relay would be a great stunt. When do we go? Where would it start and end? I'm in the middle of the US, so I should be able to catch a piece, especially if you follow Route 66 from Chicago to LA.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:10 PM

Then at the end how about a mexican wave of Crossfire wings.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:19 PM

Anybody have an idea of how to manage this event. I would love to do it with the sanctions of XFi and Chrysler, if we could get sponsored by Chrysler. A little help with the price of Gas would be great, plus it's great publicity for them.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:32 PM

Route 66 cruise sounds like a great idea . that is something my wife and I have been considering I think the Crossfire would be an excellent car for the trip, and any more than 2 or 3 together would be a real attention getter. Spring would be an ideal time too...

Old 07-23-2006, 06:54 PM

Ok I am considering organizing this event, but before we do this I'd like to know how many people would be game for this, and I can work out the details in the upcoming weeks. I must stress that if we do this we must respect the towns/cities/states we visit. Abiding by traffic laws and doing our best not to tie up traffic. If this goes well I would like to be able to do this again without towns dreading us coming back. (If your town has ever hosted an event for import punks you understand where I'm coming from), but before we iron everything out I'd like to know who would be interested in either crossing the country, and or meeting for a certain leg of the journey.

Old 07-23-2006, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Ok I am considering organizing this event, but before we do this I'd like to know how many people would be game for this, and I can work out the details in the upcoming weeks. I must stress that if we do this we must respect the towns/cities/states we visit. Abiding by traffic laws and doing our best not to tie up traffic. If this goes well I would like to be able to do this again without towns dreading us coming back. (If your town has ever hosted an event for import punks you understand where I'm coming from), but before we iron everything out I'd like to know who would be interested in either crossing the country, and or meeting for a certain leg of the journey.
I'm interested. If the timing was right I would do a good portion of the trip. If not, I'm willing to do just a leg.

Old 07-23-2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
If it was all timed out I would do most of the journey. Just let me know when and I'm there! This sounds like it could be a lot of fun, and a chance for me to get some good pics.

Old 07-23-2006, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by 04Fire
If it was all timed out I would do most of the journey. Just let me know when and I'm there! This sounds like it could be a lot of fun, and a chance for me to get some good pics.
It will be next spring, and will have to be timed out especially. (I'm never late for anything). It will just be difficult for the limited and base model owners since the SRT's can't travel as far, but that will be worked out in the weeks to come. I will post times for each leg as well.

Old 07-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll wait for you all in Texas!

Old 07-24-2006, 05:43 PM

I'm in, and I'll be waiting in Mo, or Ill if you do a true Route 66. Interstate or the original Mother Road? There are several state Route 66 organizations that do tours and might have some usefull information for planning this type of cruise.
Crossfire - where the Autobaun meets Route 66.

Old 07-24-2006, 05:55 PM

Awesome, now we're getting some people in. At the moment I'm working on finding an SRT to replace my limited but not to worry I'm also working out routes. I will have it up in a couple weeks but until then keep replying to this thread. There is no since in pulling this off if there are only 3 of us that actually show.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:27 AM

Thirteen dog,

I would be interested in participating. Not sure if my location, central Florida, would be a detractor? Also, not sure what you meant when you said that the SRT could not travel as far as the Base or Limited?

Kevin

What have you done to personalize your SRT6?-engine-cover-012.jpg

Old 07-25-2006, 08:11 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the SRT has the same size Gas tank as the limited/base.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

This sounds quite interesting.

I live near Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Dragstrip. We've also got an Autobahn road course about 2 miles from my house. My house is right off of Rte. 53 / Route 66 in IL. Perhaps a gathering at the dragstrip ... I've seen Mopar has an event there. Wouldn't that be the cat's whiskers ... a gaggle of Crossfires show up at that event???

Hmmm gaggle? gang? flock? How would we classify that?

Old 07-25-2006, 09:12 AM

I like a fury of crossfires. It doesn't make sense, but it could catch on.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:37 AM

I'll go from Oklahoma City to Amarillo.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:47 PM

I'm game, from Oklahoma to points west!

Quick Reply: Route 66 Coast to Coast Tour