Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire for my birthday

Old 10-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire for my birthday

Hello, this is my first post, I could hardly sleep last night dreaming about driving my new car. Its used but new to me. My mom had a surprise party for me last night and in the garage was a SSB Crossfire. OMG. We are going to take it out today when she gets up. A new car and a new club, I can't wait till tuesday to take my driving test and be able to drive.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire for my birthday

Wow what a 15th birthday present, How can I join your family?
Looks like she really got you a car with all the good stuff on it.
Well good luck and welcome to the forum.

Old 10-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Forum Regular

Happy Birthday!! How cool is that??? Have fun and be careful out there...uh, drive carefully? LOL.

Old 10-08-2006, 01:28 PM

Thanks for the welcome, actually its my 16th birthday. Our first trip took mom to the mall, the stereo is awesome. I'm only 5 foot tall and had a hard time seeing out the back window. Especially when the wing comes up. I can fit my backpack right behind the seat. I think I need to be double jointed to reach the cup holder my elbow hits it.

Old 10-08-2006, 01:34 PM

Wow, what a 16th BD present. You may be the forum's youngest member. Take good care of your baby, don't let any wild friends drive it, and stick to the maintenance schedule. Happy Bday.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:21 PM

Congrats and welcome. I remember my first car when I turned 16. 1972 Buick Skylark 2dr. An orange one at that. Enjoy and be careful. With car like XF, it is so easy to get in trouble.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, when I turned 16 I bought myself a plymouth tc3 used for $300 with my money from the local pizza shop.
Wow that car was a money pit turd.
Enjoy your new ride, just take your time getting use to driving out there...
Good luck.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kiddcrossfire
Thanks for the welcome, actually its my 16th birthday. Our first trip took mom to the mall, the stereo is awesome. I'm only 5 foot tall and had a hard time seeing out the back window. Especially when the wing comes up. I can fit my backpack right behind the seat. I think I need to be double jointed to reach the cup holder my elbow hits it.
I hear you about the cup holder. I have a double cup holder from Pep Boys. Fits great. It has a "blade" that fits snugly between the passenger seat and the shifter console. Doesn't get in way of passenger area either. It's black and blends good with my dark gray interior.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kiddcrossfire
Well you are lucky if you lived in the UK you would need to be over thirty before the insurance co. would give you a sensible quote for a sixteen year old. Anything under £1000 is unheard of and that would be for a group 1 car (small fiat) crossfire is group 19 and an srt is 20. Take care of it and yourself. The auto is sluggish and the manual much quicker. A different car altogether. ronnie.

Old 10-12-2006, 05:57 PM

Well I passed my test, and the insurance company will not insure me to drive the Crossfire. We are going to trade it back in for a Honda Civic.

Well it was real, it was fun, but it wasn't real fun. I think I might be the youngest member here but I don't have a Crossfire anymore. It was kinda scary to drive anyway and it made my boyfriend really jealous when he saw me in it. Cause my daddy spoils me so much.

Bye,
Sabrina

Old 10-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Forum Regular

Nice to hear you passed your test, better to hear about your choice of Crossfire replacement. I think the Honda will be a great choice. Get your experience and learn to drive safely. There'll always be nice cars for you to buy but you have to be around to enjoy them. Hats off to your insurance company.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:48 PM

To be brutally honest, and take no offense, this car really should be driven by someone who has some driving experience. The big key being the vehicle blind spots. Not a great car for a new driver.

Good luck no matter what you get and drive safe...

Old 10-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rabidraider
To be brutally honest, and take no offense, this car really should be driven by someone who has some driving experience. The big key being the vehicle blind spots. Not a great car for a new driver.

Good luck no matter what you get and drive safe...
I'm 17 now (got the car when I turned 16) and it really wasn't that hard to get used to the car. The car is so small I don't have a problem seeing anything...

Old 10-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nox1s
I'm 17 now (got the car when I turned 16) and it really wasn't that hard to get used to the car. The car is so small I don't have a problem seeing anything...
Looks small from the outside, bigger from the inside out. You must have a rubber neck. The mirrors are the key to driving this car... and no mater what you do, there are blind spots. Are you sure your driving a Crossfire?

Who insures you in a Crossfire and how much?

Last edited by ben47; 10-13-2006 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:07 PM
Forum Regular

The thing that makes up for the blind spots in the Crossfire is the acceleration. Just make sure you are making forward progress and check mirrors. I have never had a problem...

Old 10-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Forum Regular

I actually added those extra circular mirrors to my side mirrors that you get at Advance Auto ($3) within my first week. Those blinds spots when the top is up is pretty bad.

While some of you may say it interferes with the look of the car, it does not take away from it at all. Plus, it just gives me peace of mind knowing I can see everything behind me.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ben47
Looks small from the outside, bigger from the inside out. You must have a rubber neck. The mirrors are the key to driving this car... and no mater what you do, there are blind spots. Are you sure your driving a Crossfire?

Who insures you in a Crossfire and how much?
Hrm. I'm not sure. I guess I just am that inexperienced to notice the blind spots. I rarely ever use the mirrors. I can see a lot through the back window, surprisingly.

When you ask if i'm sure i'm driving a crossfire, I'm hoping you meant that as a joke because I took it as an insult. Yes, i'm sure i'm driving a crossfire.

I'm not sure about insurance, my mom and dad pay for it, I just worry about the gas and any maintenance.

Old 10-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Forum Regular

Hrm. I'm not sure. I guess I just am that inexperienced to notice the blind spots. I rarely ever use the mirrors. I can see a lot through the back window, surprisingly.

When you ask if i'm sure i'm driving a crossfire, I'm hoping you meant that as a joke because I took it as an insult. Yes, i'm sure i'm driving a crossfire.
Well, I didn't mean it as an insult, but by your answer... "rarely use mirrors and can see a lot through the back window" and you're driving a Crossfire, then basically you're driving blind and your lack of experience behind the wheel IS very obvious. I hope I'm never on the same road you are on. So, if you consider my statement an insult, so be it... life's tough. You need to go back to driving school because the way you're driving now is a hazard to you and everyone around you.

Now it's my turn... I hope you just are joking about your driving technique.

Last edited by ben47; 10-14-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:30 PM

An entire F-250 can fit in the blind spots we have. Trust me.

Old 10-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure about insurance, my mom and dad pay for it, I just worry about the gas and any maintenance.
god its people like this who make me think driving tests should be WAYYY HARDER.

Quick Reply: Crossfire for my birthday