Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Things I learned

Old 10-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Things I learned

After 5 years and 3 crossfires today I learned something new. While playing with my cup holder I noticed if you squeeze the top of it it will unlock from the up position, and you won't have to force it shut.

One other thing, Evan taught me Friday that if I push down all the way on the window switches they will go all The way down. Who knew lol.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Things I learned

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
After 5 years and 3 crossfires today I learned something new. While playing with my cup holder I noticed if you squeeze the top of it it will unlock from the up position, and you won't have to force it shut.

One other thing, Evan taught me Friday that if I push down all the way on the window switches they will go all The way down. Who knew lol.
It only took me one crossfire and one year to figure out about the window switch. I thought I was slow to find that

It took me about 3 years to find the hidden compartment in the ash tray that holds quarters. And I didn't even know our hoods go up on a 90 degree angle. Learned that on the forum. That is what happens when you don't read the manual.

I still think I have been driving crossfires longer than you

Old 10-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

You catch on fast, are you still looking for the spare tire?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Now, that's funny!

Old 10-07-2010, 12:52 PM

I've owned mine since Jan 2010, and the other nite when I had the lights on, I opened the ashtray and noticed it was lighted. Never use the ash tray, except to store the cigar liter in it while I have the Garmin plugged in.
Also .... noticed a small black cushion/Disc where the console lid rests against the wall behind the seats.
Learn something new all the time ......

Old 10-07-2010, 01:11 PM

I knew that when I bought my first one, but it toom me 6 months before I realized I didn't want to use the canister of fix-a-flat that's provided. It makes a mess, can/will change the balance of your wheel, and cost $50 to replace. No thank you, I'll get a tow and then get it plugged.

Coin holder I found the first night when it came off the covered truck on May 5th 2005.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's one. My headlight switch pulls out to turn on the fog lights. Then I can pull it out one more "notch". What does that do??

Old 10-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tunaglove
Here's one. My headlight switch pulls out to turn on the fog lights. Then I can pull it out one more "notch". What does that do??
rear fogs for the european version, on ours nada

The following users liked this post:
McHammer (07-12-2020)
Old 10-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Forum Regular

I want Rear Fogs now, lol. you know, when I am driving around in reverse and it get foggy. Gotta be a better explanation as to why this is necessary in Europe.

The following users liked this post:
McHammer (07-12-2020)
Old 10-07-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by goodgenes79
I want Rear Fogs now, lol. you know, when I am driving around in reverse and it get foggy. Gotta be a better explanation as to why this is necessary in Europe.
The fog lights on the rear illuminate red, not white. They are about three times brighter than your rear brake lights and are designed to be used when visability is less than 100 meters when driving in fog. It is so you can see the car in front in thick fog which the UK see's too often in the winter months.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:07 PM

But I want that Avatar bazzer has-forget about the fogs!

Old 10-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Huh? What does "if I push down all the way on the switches they go all the way down" mean? If you mean you just briefly push it and let the window automatically roll down all the way, that's been standard on a lot of cars for a long time.

If not, I want some explanation! Maybe its something I dont know about!

Old 10-07-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by mjgroves
Huh? What does "if I push down all the way on the switches they go all the way down" mean? If you mean you just briefly push it and let the window automatically roll down all the way, that's been standard on a lot of cars for a long time.

If not, I want some explanation! Maybe its something I dont know about!
The window switches have two clicks. Push down on it just slightly, like I normally do, and hold it and it will go all the way down. (because you're holding it) If you push the button down all the way, you'll feel the click, and let go the window will go all the way down by it's self. Apparently it's called a 2 staged switch?

Old 10-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that's what I was thinking of. FYI, a ton of cars have this. The only thing I don't like about that is sometimes you feel like you're pressing down so far it's going to break the switch, through it never does...

Good to know about the cupholder though, I'll give it a try. usually when it's all the way up I give it a smack to get it past the locking mechanism... nice to know there's a gentle way of doing it.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

I found the first day i had mine ,,the key, touch it to the right starts the car,,, i wanted to bump it over and it started every time. jim

Old 10-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Things I learned

Also....if I am not mistaken, with the light switch in the off position if you turn it to the left it will illuminate the left side marker lights only. Again if memory serves the manual says that is to give the car better visibility while parked.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
Also....if I am not mistaken, with the light switch in the off position if you turn it to the left it will illuminate the left side marker lights only. Again if memory serves the manual says that is to give the car better visibility while parked.
There are two positions to the left, the first lights up the passenger side marker lights and the second lights up the driver side marker lights. er.

[quote = Bazzer]....... It is so you can see the car in front in thick fog which the UK see's too often in the winter months.[/quote]
I remember riding my bicycle in the fog in England in the fifties and realizing that I had a string of cars and buses behind me that were following me because I could see farther in the thick fog than they could. That was the good old days and dirty coal.

Last edited by onehundred80; 10-07-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by goodgenes79
yeah, they're cool and everyone loves to tell me Ive one rev light out!

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...fog-light.html

Last edited by green-ghost; 10-08-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:02 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

I remember riding my bicycle in the fog in England in the fifties and realizing that I had a string of cars and buses behind me that were following me because I could see farther in the thick fog than they could. That was the good old days and dirty coal.
Dave,
Sorry, don't like to correct you but .....don't you mean the thirties ??

Old 10-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Forum Regular

i see you are feeling better...and back in rare form!
gryfan
SOCO

Quick Reply: Things I learned