Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I know its trivial.but I GET MY NEW CROSSFIRE IN THE MORNING

Old 07-23-2004, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know its trivial.but I GET MY NEW CROSSFIRE IN THE MORNING

I ordered it last Saturday and I get it tomorrow!

Kings Chrysler in Stockport UK have been great so far. Fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow (at 11am).

Is there anything I should check out before driving away? Should I expect a full tank of fuel?

Its a Graphite, Auto, Two tone!

Looking forward to an action packed weekend.

Old 07-23-2004, 08:12 AM
Forum Regular

Great colour choice and congrats on your purchase. Same spec as mine except I don't have the two-tone interior (see my pics in the link below).

When collecting a new car check all over the body work for scratches and under the front bumper incase the dealer parked it over a kurb or something by mistake. Mine had a chipped drivers door handle, still waiting for replacement as the part codes are all wrong! I also had a vibrating speaker behind the drivers seat, this has now been replaced. Check the interior for grubby mechanics finger prints etc.. Make sure your ash-tray opens, mine didn't and had to be fixed.

apart from that just look at your smile reflecting in the shiny new car.

Take it for a drive near the dealers so if anything mechanically is wrong you can get back there easy to get them to look at it. I drove mine for about 15 mins near the dealer testing everything before heading home (delaer was 50 miles away).

apart from that just enjoy watching people stare as you drive by. Wear the engine in slowly. For the first 1,000 miles you should try to keep below 3,500 ish revs. I found this really hard and in fact didn't really do it! After 1,000 miles she will start to open up and rev more freely. I've just about done 1,500 miles in mine now.

I didn't get a tank of fuel, even though I had agreed this with the sales man previously when doing the deal. However I was so busy smiling I forgot to notice until half way home! I didn't bother mentioning it to him, I couldn't be bothered after I had the car. You will find though that as you wear the engine in it will drink a lot of fuel. My first tank only got me about 200 miles. It does increase as the engine wears in so don't worry about it.

I bet you won't be able to sleep tonight with the excitement! I know I didn't. Enjoy and welcome to the forum.

Old 07-23-2004, 08:19 AM

When I picked mine up, my salesman went for a drive with me showing me everything about the car inside and out. Then we pulled into a service station and he filled it up with gas. He invited me to come back the following week so they could detail the car, after it was finished, he again went with me for a drive and again had me pull in to fill the tank. I could really get used to this!!! Dayton Andrews Chrysler in Clearwater florida is an awesome dealer to work with if anyone in the Tampa Bay area is looking to buy or lease. They have called me weekly to make sure everything is ok and they are now on top of the luggage situation trying to figure out where it is.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Default Re: I know its trivial.but I GET MY NEW CROSSFIRE IN THE MOR

Originally Posted by melcragg
I ordered it last Saturday and I get it tomorrow!
Its a Graphite, Auto, Two tone!
Great choice of colors - it will look just like mine - only my steering wheel is on the wrong side :wink:

Have a wonderful time with it. Get ready to SMILE!!

Old 07-23-2004, 11:29 AM

8) IMHO once you take delivery of your's, you wont think it is trivial, especially the color you have chosen.

ENJOY THE SMILE

Old 07-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Forum Regular

I echo everything said above. You should make a note of the Delivery Mileage. Mine had 27.8 already recorded, but I know other people who have taken delivery of a new car with over 400 miles on the clock (apparently it needed to be driven down from the docks rather than being placed on a transporter).

I hope you don't have any problems and really sit back and ENJOY the ride.

I booted mine from new, as I believe you get a better piston ring seal if you get the engine hot. Time will tell if I am right.

Clocked 4000 miles today since April 24. Still lovin' it.

We are hoping to meet up at Billing Aquadrome on 21 Aug. If you can make it, we'd love to see you there.

Old 07-23-2004, 03:44 PM

Thanks guys for your nice replies.

I am a bit of a Smart Car nut too (They are Daimler Chrysler too aren't they).

You US guys can't get Mercedes Smart cars yet, they are coming over the pond soon. I have a Smart Roadster 698cc but great fun.

The Crossfire is a bit of a departure from 'Noddy' cars but I think I'll 'Manage' the transisition.

I've read all the negative reviews of the Crossfire and ignored them all. It is a beautiful car and I wouldn't swap it for my Brothers Lamborghini Gallardo!

Looking forward to 11am tomorrow. Its a bit like being 5 years old again waiting for Santa! Sad?

Old 07-23-2004, 04:00 PM

Mel ,

Enjoy the ride welcome to the forum...

Mo

Old 07-23-2004, 04:25 PM
Forum Regular

Mel:

Welcome!

Should have bought the SSB......

Almost ten months of ownership, and I still smile every day when I sit in mine and start it up.

Have fun - Just about everyone else here does!!!

Old 07-23-2004, 05:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Send Pictures: I get a kick out of seeing you chaps driving from the wrong side of the car :wink:

Old 07-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Mel

Enjoy the forum. I know you'll be enjoying your Xfire.

The first time I saw my xfire it was being unloaded off a closed semi, having travel from Kansas to me in Connecticut. I didn't have too many options if I found problems. I wasn't shipping it back no matter what, lol. I was fortunate - no body or operational problems and the few items that needed attention were taken care of at my first trip to the local dealer.

Happy driving

Old 07-24-2004, 08:41 AM
Forum Regular

Did you pick it up then? What are your first impressions?

Old 07-24-2004, 01:26 PM
Forum Regular

yeah tell all, just got mine back from service , only without it for 24hrs but it felt like weeks, oh and I'm never driving a PT again what a hateful car!

LP

Old 07-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Forum Regular

I bet Melcragg will be too busy driving to post for a while 8)

Old 07-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Forum Regular

And have that 24hr crossfire smile, got stuck in traffic on the M11 on the way back from the dealer, had two guys stop in their range rover and question me about the car, they both thought it looked stunning.

never had that reaction in any other car! (eat that clarkson)

LP

Old 07-25-2004, 05:17 AM

Well We've got our Xfire and we are very pleased.

Did 100 miles yesterday. The car is perfect no faults detected, not even a single squeek.

We got a killer deal. The dealer had 33 crossfires last weekend and thay have sold them all. (900 deposit 12 x 279) The dealer said that they had stopped making the Coupe and were ONLY making roadsters now.

Is this true?

I prefer the lines of the Coupe the sweeping roof is lost on the 'pram' like roadster.

We have bought the registration "C20SSF" and are popping out to collect the documents this afternoon......

Old 07-25-2004, 06:32 AM
Forum Regular

Think the dealer is mistaken the coupe is still in production, although more effort will be switched to roadster production.

Old 07-25-2004, 07:30 AM
Forum Regular

I saw that reg. on eBay but couldn't afford it at the time. Damn! I'm glad it found a home with a forum member though. congrats. You got a good deal. Is it only a 12 month lease then? I'm paying 355 a month and put 2,500 deposit down. But that is a finance thing with a balloon payment after 4 years.

Old 07-25-2004, 12:34 PM

saldous,

If you still want the registration I might be prepared to let it go for a small handling fee )

Lovin the car, Just driven from Knutsford, Cheshire to Burton on Trent & back (100ish miles) and getting to know the car now.

It is now dirty enough to give it it's first wash.

Old 07-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Forum Regular

You want rid of it already? How much?

Quick Reply: I know its trivial.but I GET MY NEW CROSSFIRE IN THE MORNING