Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Hurricane Charley crossfire survival

Old 08-14-2004, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurricane Charley crossfire survival

Thank god, no dents, no dings, no flat tires. I live in Orlando and hope all the other Crossfires in the Orlando area fared as well.

P.S. I hope all of there owners are ok too.

Old 08-14-2004, 10:59 AM

I AM ON THE COAST OF N.C. WITH MY CROSSFIRE ROADSTER RIGHT NOW... MY HOUSE IS ON THE THIRD ROW OF THE BEACH... MOVED MY XFIRE TO WAY HIGHER GROUND IN A GARAGE... HOPE EVERYONE AND THEIR X FIRES ARE OK

Old 08-14-2004, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by jthree67
I AM ON THE COAST OF N.C. WITH MY CROSSFIRE ROADSTER RIGHT NOW... MY HOUSE IS ON THE THIRD ROW OF THE BEACH... MOVED MY XFIRE TO WAY HIGHER GROUND IN A GARAGE... HOPE EVERYONE AND THEIR X FIRES ARE OK
the way things are going lately, if you want the crossfire to be safe then the high ground you're looking for is in ohio.

good luck y'all...as a gulf coaster, i do understand.

dan

Old 08-14-2004, 04:46 PM

We live in the Tampa Bay area, original "ground zero" for Charlie's landfall. Thought seriously about putting a mattress over my garaged and covered Crossfire. We suffered no damage here. Our hearts go out to our fellow Floridians that were harmed by this monster storm.

Old 08-14-2004, 04:55 PM

I hope everyone gets through this okay... this is a scary time for the entire SE coast!! .. my aunt is there in SC right now.. and she is all bunkered up...

just fasinating what mother nature can do to us...

Old 08-14-2004, 06:25 PM

The eye is directly over us, here in Va. Beach, as I type this. The Crossfire is tucked away safely in the garage. We have a tonado watch for the next 1/2 hour. Our winds are 45 - 50.... Not too bad, but tons of rain. At least it will be out of here so tomorrow's autocross should be on dry ground.

Old 08-14-2004, 06:43 PM

LOL!!! Wes could be taken out by a tornado! his life is somewhat endanger!!! and guess what he says...

At least it will be out of here so tomorrow's autocross should be on dry ground.

Thats a true Champion right there!

Old 08-15-2004, 06:28 AM

Well, the storm dumped a few inches of rain.... We need that like a kick in the head.... And that's about it.... Thank God!!!

LOL.... Not a Champion... :lol: Just have my priorities straight... :lol: :lol: :lol: But, thanks, Derek.

Now it's off to Little Creek Navy Base and another great day for an Autocross..... Have a Great day, All!!!

Old 08-15-2004, 09:21 AM

So far, looks like all who checked in are OK. I live in Tamarc, the most west you can go before Everglades west of Ft Lauderdale, in a community called Sanibel. When Charlie was just of the coast of Sanibel on the gulf, about 200 miles from me, the wind gusts here were reaching 50 MPH plus. I can just imagine what the west coast was feeling. Hope all faired well.

Old 08-15-2004, 10:43 AM

We were indeed lucky Tampa was spared. Friday in anticipation for Charlie we boarded up and had friends over who brought lobster and Parrot Bay. We had a great party which got even better when we saw it make the big turn.
We are in the wedding biz and we had a couple of wedding parties get evacuated to Orlando. That was a big mistake, as Charlie followed them, needless to say the wedding weekend has been trying at best.
All 4 weddings did go off but with a lot fewer guests than planned. Everyone made the best of it. Just drink more.
Looks like we may have more windy conditions on the way, however I'll be heading the Roadster towards Ohio tommorrow. See you all out on I-75.

Old 08-15-2004, 11:03 PM

Sanford FL here, my crossfire survived. The hurricane didn't hit us till around 10.00pm. Power went out and we only just got it back on today, there was no damage to our house no tree's fallen over or anything. However 4 houses down a tree had come down and gone straight through somebodies garage. Didn't see what happen to his car but I felt sorry for the guy seeing a big hole in his roof