Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Found a way for more power just have to sacrafice some looks

Old 09-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a way for more power just have to sacrafice some looks

As I was taking my XF apart to install the kandn's which was way easy may i add. Puttin a kandn in my mustang was a grueling task. I noticed that the intake hoses lead their way up to the grill. Has anyone thought of removing the grill? Sort of how a mach 1 would look? I have a picture of my mach in my album. Would get much more air especially if we could find a way to deflect and funnel the air into the intake. I did something similiar with my firehawk, i removed the grills on my ram air hood. And i did notice a tad bit difference. Just wondering if anyone have done this or tried it. Also I noticed this car runs off a y-pipe are there any high flow or off-road y-pipes available yet?

Old 09-02-2004, 10:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at my album. I truely know how difficult it was to creat something form nothing. Its taken me about 3 1/2 months, and about 1000 prototypes.

Old 09-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Found a way for more power just have to sacrafice some l

Originally Posted by Bullseye
As I was taking my XF apart to install the kandn's which was way easy may i add. Puttin a kandn in my mustang was a grueling task. I noticed that the intake hoses lead their way up to the grill. Has anyone thought of removing the grill? Sort of how a mach 1 would look? I have a picture of my mach in my album. Would get much more air especially if we could find a way to deflect and funnel the air into the intake. I did something similiar with my firehawk, i removed the grills on my ram air hood. And i did notice a tad bit difference. Just wondering if anyone have done this or tried it. Also I noticed this car runs off a y-pipe are there any high flow or off-road y-pipes available yet?
I don't know about removing the front grill, but I'm interested to see if it can be done and what it looks like

About the Y pipe.. I don't own a crossfire(yet) so I don't know exactly what the setup is, but a good shop can make a custom H or X (true duals) which may help. Now, I don't know HOW bottlenecked the exhaust is.. If its a Y pipe and it only really needs a Y pipe, then you won't get too much horsepower and torque will be reduced.. but if its restrictive, you could pickup alot of horsepower.