Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Anybody get their crossfire from Lapeer?

Old 10-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody get their crossfire from Lapeer?

i was wondering if anybody got their crossfire from lapeer. only reason is because out crossfire's taking forever to get here! lol. online it says that our car arrived in lapeer on friday. 5 days later, still no call to pick it up. is this normal? or do they normally have it there for a while? sorry i'm just getting so anxious! from what i read on the forums and elsewhere online i have good reason to be too.

Old 10-13-2004, 03:14 PM

My sister and I both ordered Base coupes, and I ran the VIN last thursday and it said they were both there but, no call.. still waiting.. this seriously has been taking forever!!

Dave

Old 10-13-2004, 03:32 PM
DG

For those who don't know, the Lapeer being referred to here is DaimlerChrysler's Lapeer Rd. marshalling center. This is where employees (and family members) go to pick up and turn in lease vehicles.

I have never been able to understand the system at Lapeer Rd. Not that they don't do a good job, I have never had a bad experience there. In fact, when I arrived early to pick mine up last week, they were still cleaning it. Apparently there was a film left over on the car from when it was shipped over from Karmann. I believe the base coupes we are getting such good deals on were sitting in the sun somewhere in Maryland and this baked the protective covering on. While they were trying to get the goo off, they noticed a rock chip under my passenger door and even went and got some touch-up paint. I was in no hurry and really appreciated that two people were paying so much attention to my car.

I believe Dave ordered his coupe at least a week before me, yet I already got mine and he and his sister are still waiting. These cars were all already built and have been sitting around, but this is the busy season there for trading cars in. The only thing I can think of is that the timing may be linked to when you got your last vehicle. I picked my Startus up on Halloween of last year, if you want to compare.

Old 10-13-2004, 03:48 PM

yeah the system said our crossfire was completed september 2nd. so here i am thinking awesome, within a few weeks i should have it. man was i wrong. it's been almost a month and a half! so once i heard it was at lapeer i was way excited. especially since we lease 2 cars a years that we pickup from there, and we've always been able to pick them up the day of or the day after they arrived. we usually get neons or minivans, so go figure once we get a sweet car they take forever!

Old 10-13-2004, 03:59 PM

My dad was saying that only 6 base coupes were allowed for employee ordering at this price. The sheer amount of cars that go through Lapeer is staggering. I know just after the order was confirmed we received a VIN number, so DG you got the lucky one. I can imagine if there was a problem with baked-on film that would require extra effort to remove, I would imagine that they would leave those to some spare time, which is acceptable considering the service of the place, I mean you pull in, within 5 minutes you are driving out in brand new car, you don't even have to go outside. I am hoping like hell I get a call to pick it up in the next day or two because I have a 4 hour drive to my buddy's wedding saturday and my dakota get like 16 MPG. I am absolutely confident that they are worth the wait, especially at what we are paying!! :-)

Old 10-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Default Re: Anybody get their crossfire from Lapeer?

DavesX-fire,
Hi, if you still want the lighted threshold. Please email me at landho50@hotmail.com
I tried to PM you, but with the recent forum change, your pm option is not turned on yet to receive pm...