Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Is it good?

Old 07-19-2014, 03:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it good?

I know that this thread has probably been posted a lot and sorry to annoy anyone if I'm starting a new one but are Crossfires good cars? I drove a '06 Crossfire Limited Coupe about a month ago and I fell in love with it. I have wanted a Mini Cooper S for the longest time but for some reason I just liked the Crossfire more! So, are they good cars? Any problems to look out for? Any reoccurring or common problems that they have? Are they expensive to fix when something does break? What about servicing, maintenance, etc? I currently own a 1996 Mercury Cougar and after fixing my brake booster earlier this week I have put $2,100 into fixing this thing since I have had it and am ready to get rid of it and I am looking for a Crossfire. I have found a few around the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for around $7-9,000 with anywhere from 65k-120k miles on them. I don't really want with with 120k on it though if it won't be a reliable car. There is one I am looking at that is a '05 Coupe Limited, black with black interior, tinted windows, all the options, pretty good shape cosmetically, with 99,000 on the clock and they want $7,995 for it. I really like this one and I know it depends but does this seem like a good buy to you guys? I just need to know because I need something much more reliable than what I am in! Thank you so much!!

Old 07-19-2014, 08:18 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is it good?

Reliable? Yes.

Cheap to repair? No.

This topic had been discussed many times, search for a bit and see what you find

Old 07-19-2014, 09:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cmrine
I know that this thread has probably been posted a lot and sorry to annoy anyone if I'm starting a new one but are Crossfires good cars? I drove a '06 Crossfire Limited Coupe about a month ago and I fell in love with it. I have wanted a Mini Cooper S for the longest time but for some reason I just liked the Crossfire more! So, are they good cars? Any problems to look out for? Any reoccurring or common problems that they have? Are they expensive to fix when something does break? What about servicing, maintenance, etc? I currently own a 1996 Mercury Cougar and after fixing my brake booster earlier this week I have put $2,100 into fixing this thing since I have had it and am ready to get rid of it and I am looking for a Crossfire. I have found a few around the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for around $7-9,000 with anywhere from 65k-120k miles on them. I don't really want with with 120k on it though if it won't be a reliable car. There is one I am looking at that is a '05 Coupe Limited, black with black interior, tinted windows, all the options, pretty good shape cosmetically, with 99,000 on the clock and they want $7,995 for it. I really like this one and I know it depends but does this seem like a good buy to you guys? I just need to know because I need something much more reliable than what I am in! Thank you so much!!
cmrine: Ditto indelibility...cars are very reliable...have had my 2004 Coupe for 10 years and have spent approx. 1500 on repairs... mine has 117000 miles and driven daily... I am acutely cognizant of it's "funability" to drive and it's "eye candy" appeal...love it lots...BTW my affiliation with this club makes it even more enjoyable...great club...Carl

Old 08-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I have owned the roadster from birth with 50k miles and the SRT6 since 2008 (8.5 -> 26k miles). Repairs on both total around $300 excluding annual oil changes and new tires, which I consider maintenance. I treat them gently and they are garaged, not driven in the winter. I am a3so a pot hole "dodger" in all my cars.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:06 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Pull the trigger. Be ready for the GTG in Eureka Springs next June !

Old 08-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by cmrine
I have had two of them and after some 32,000 miles or so I have spent $1 on parts to repair the car apart from maintenance and things I got for the car because I wanted to.

My '05 SRT has <29,000 on it, they are out there. If you like power buy the SRT, too many people buy the limited and then wish they had spent $3,000 more and got the SRT version. It is 218hp against 350hp, take your pick.

I would skip the 100,000 mile cars and buy one with less than 50,000 on an '04 and 3,000 less for each year there after. Why buy someones old car, you do not want to buy a daily driven car even though you intend to drive it as such.

They can get expensive if you have to go to a garage to get a simple thing fixed, this forum will get you through most repairs if you can turn a wrench and are reasonably mechanical or a quick learner.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had BB for going on 7 years now, and She has been the most reliable car I have ever driven. @85,000 (hard) miles, I have spent less than $400 on repairs. I come here, determine where to buy the part cheap and find the instructions to fix it myself and bam, I get er done. If you can work on cars yourself, then you will save a ton of money fixing these. The NA's are simple and easy, Open the hood, remove the engine cover and what you see looks remarkably like that 70's era 351 or 390 that you worked on in your youth. Not those freaky hosemonsters form the 80's or 90's. When you combine that with the outstanding DIY articles you will find here on the finest little car forum in the world, Ownership is just a oil change away. OH! and learning not to chew up your tires