Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Just want to say Hi

Old 01-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just want to say Hi

Hello everyone my name is Derek and i've just recently purchased my late 04 crossfire coupe (candyapple red) and wanted to introduce myself to the site.

Old 01-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Just want to say Hi

congrats! hope you enjoy the crossfire & the forum.

Old 01-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dereksan
Hello everyone my name is Derek and i've just recently purchased my late 04 crossfire coupe (candyapple red) and wanted to introduce myself to the site.
Always room for another happy Xfire owner, welcome!

Old 01-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Dereksan,
I'm thinking that the car is Blaze Red as that's the only red I know of, although I'm only sure of the '05's. Maybe you could post some pic's in the gallery.
You're going to love your car, but you probably already do. It doesn't take long. Just one person noticing it, and you're hooked! You'll find that happens a lot.
Happy motoring!

Old 01-23-2005, 11:09 AM

Hey MI, in Canada, my docs state the colour as being Inferno Red. Interesting, huh? When I heard it was called Inferno Red I had to buy it, as I work for the Fire Department. Aahhh, destined to be a Crossfire owner...:-)

Old 01-23-2005, 01:18 PM

This part of the country it was called Blaze Red (04 model that is); maybe they changed it for '05.
I didn't buy a Blaze Red but it was on my short list.

Old 01-23-2005, 05:58 PM

i havn't heard the color candy apple red since it was used in the 60's.

Old 01-23-2005, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by MI Roadster
Welcome Dereksan,
I'm thinking that the car is Blaze Red as that's the only red I know of, although I'm only sure of the '05's. Maybe you could post some pic's in the gallery.
You're going to love your car, but you probably already do. It doesn't take long. Just one person noticing it, and you're hooked! You'll find that happens a lot.
Happy motoring!
My'05 was called Inferno Red instead of Blaze Red. But, if you look in my gallery, I don't think you can see any difference. If I should ever see a '04 Blaze Red maybe there would be some differnce?

Old 01-24-2005, 10:57 AM

<Quote> i havn't heard the color candy apple red since it was used in the 60's. <EndQuote>

My 96 Intrepid was advertised as Candy Apple Red.

Candy Apple colours refer to the 3-layer process using a base colour (usuallly metalic like gold or silver), a translucent colour and clearcoat. A Guy by the name of Joe Baylon (sp?) is considered to be the man who created this process (not sure if thats true or not). Candy colours appear to have a depth to them - like you could jump in and swim in them. Bullseye, although you may not have heard the term used recently, the Candy process is used extensively these days.

Dereksan, I think you could call the Blaze Red or Inferno Red a candy colour because it is absolutlely luscious. Especially when you see it in the early sunrise light - it seems to glow, and changes colour as the lighting changes.

Old 01-24-2005, 06:44 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I can say for sure I do love my crossfire...and i do apologize it is inferno red or blaze red but to me it looks like a candy apple color i had on my 65 impala lowrider. Anyways pics will be posted soon once the weather is better, I live in northern Va. and we just got hit by a recent snow storm and theres about 5 inchs of snow onthe ground so i've been taking the Navigator out.

Old 01-24-2005, 07:03 PM
xfire embrace

Hiya Derek and hiya all..
This is my third post since I joined in yesterday.
How rude of me to didn't say hi, first. Apologize for that.
I am from Singapore. No snow here but lately we experienced the effect of the Tsunami that occured in our neighboring countries.
My xfire, my very first car, is in black clear coat. There is an additional small luminous triangle on my car because am a less than a year driver.
Hope to remove it this April.

Its a pleasure getting to know this forum and please to meet the people involve.

Take care.

Old 01-25-2005, 09:29 AM

Wow! a small luminous triangle on your car. Will you be required to take additional tests for this triangle to be removed? Here in Indiana, we put a rather large luminous triangle on slow moving vehicles, such as farm equipment or Amish buggies.

Old 01-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Exclamation Re: Just want to say Hi

I guess it doesn't really matter what you call it. I like the red! I wonder why they would have different names if it was the same color. Marketing, maybe.
Here's a scan of the '05 Crossfire brochure color chart. The page was a little larger than my scanner window, but all the colors are included.

Last edited by MI Roadster; 01-25-2005 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:59 AM

It was Blaze Red in '04 and that sure looks like it says Blaze Red in '05. I think it may have been Inferno Red in a different line vehicle (i.e. 300)

Old 01-25-2005, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by mbepic
It was Blaze Red in '04 and that sure looks like it says Blaze Red in '05. I think it may have been Inferno Red in a different line vehicle (i.e. 300)
You're probably right. I just looked in a Chrysler brochure with all the cars in it and there is an Inferno Red that comes on Pacifica, Town & Country, PT Cruiser&conv., Sebring Conv. & sedan. There's a Indy Red and Deep Red Pearl that only comes on a Sebring coupe, and it says the Blaze red comes on the Crossfire roadster and coupe. The closest thing to red for the 300 is a Deep Lava Red. That's the 2005 models.

We had a '78 Ford Bronco that was candy apple red with factory stripes on it. I remember that I almost fell over because it was over the 10K mark!

Old 01-25-2005, 12:56 PM

I have an 05 roadster and its Blaze Red!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2005, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by MI Roadster
You're probably right. I just looked in a Chrysler brochure with all the cars in it and there is an Inferno Red that comes on Pacifica, Town & Country, PT Cruiser&conv., Sebring Conv. & sedan. There's a Indy Red and Deep Red Pearl that only comes on a Sebring coupe, and it says the Blaze red comes on the Crossfire roadster and coupe. The closest thing to red for the 300 is a Deep Lava Red. That's the 2005 models.

We had a '78 Ford Bronco that was candy apple red with factory stripes on it. I remember that I almost fell over because it was over the 10K mark!
I just double checked my '05 window sticker and it says under OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Coat Paint..........................$150

Is the Blaze Red loaded with a gold metalflake?

Old 01-25-2005, 07:29 PM
xfire embrace

Originally Posted by catman
Wow! a small luminous triangle on your car. Will you be required to take additional tests for this triangle to be removed? Here in Indiana, we put a rather large luminous triangle on slow moving vehicles, such as farm equipment or Amish buggies.
Nope, no additional test, as long as I am one year old driver, the triangle will be removed. I do recognize the rather large triangle because large , slow moving and usually that carries heavy load vehicles have to put them on.

I am fond of visiting chrysler's website, specification given for Blaze Red Crystal Pearl Coat is mainly for xfire coupe/roadster Limited edition. That much I know.

Thank you.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:48 PM

that is so weird! Xfire Embrace is right, inferno red isn't even listed on the Chrysler webpage For the Crossfire I should say! Anyway, no my car...<blaze red> has silver flecks in it! Sounds like the same paint as what you call Inferno Red.

Last edited by redxfireroadster; 01-25-2005 at 07:49 PM. Reason: inferno red isn't listed for Crossfire, not sure on other cars
Old 01-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Thumbs up Re: Just want to say Hi

Originally Posted by catman
I just double checked my '05 window sticker and it says under OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Coat Paint..........................$150

Is the Blaze Red loaded with a gold metalflake?
That must be what it is. In the Chrysler brochure the inferno Red does look like it has gold flecks in it, where the blaze red is a little darker with no gold flakes.
Seems like a pretty cheap optional color! I had premium paint on an '03 Cadillac and it cost $750.