Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Advice on intake

Old 03-03-2016, 03:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on intake

Hi everyone im ready for upgrades for my srt6 and who better to ask question then the ones already with upgrades I know the only reliable place to get them it's NW and EC so question 1. single cai or dcai and I'm not trying to go about what looks better I want the power and gains I'm looking to spend about 3k on my upgrades so I really want the most gains I can get. so its more gains on the dcai then the single cai etc. 2 pulleys smaller supercharged pulley or crank pulley again it's not about which it's harder to install or cheaper which one would get more gains etc .3 and last but not lease what about exhaust system I like a loud exhaust (I'm young so ) I really like on videos how the NW cutouts down pipes sound but again they are expensive so any advice or thoughts about what path to go for my 3k investment would be appreciated about tunning dyno remote etc what gets the most power of mods .I'm in Vegas and summer would hit us hard so if any advice about how to keep everything runing fine in weather passing the 100 degrees when it come to cooling systems etc maybe I would pass my 3k investment but if worth it so be it thanks everyone

Old 03-03-2016, 07:15 AM
Default Re: Advice on intake

For 3k do daci, 65mm pulley, tune, manifolds, rear drag slicks.. will be a lowwww 12 second high 11 second car with good launch... and for the heat soak problem you can fluid iso kit from needswings, supercooler killer chiller innercooler, meth kit, or even a ice tank

Old 03-03-2016, 03:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just read my signature below....

Old 03-03-2016, 03:33 PM

Hey thanks guys for the answers so I see most people go for the smaller supercharged instead of the crank is this because it's easy the sp pulley to install or it's more gains on supercharged pulley and does this would make issues on the supercharged itself or there's no damage how long the small sp last with out issues thanks guys

Old 03-03-2016, 04:23 PM

The SC pulley is way easier to swap, costs less, and only speeds up the SC. Regardless of what crank pulley guys say, to clear a bigger crank pulley the water pump pulley has to shrink. This causes the water pump to overspin and possibly cause cavitation in the engine cooling system.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:44 PM

Hey thanks chuk so what would you say it's your thoughts about your mods do you have and idea of how much gains you got after mods and also did you went with a dyno tune or a remote tune thanks man

Old 03-03-2016, 06:20 PM

Remote tune for me. As far as what gains, it's the fastest street tire SRT-6. Can't say much more than that.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:10 PM

Thanks for the advice and opinion chuk I'll definitely look on what fits my purpose and go from there as the SC pulley from EC are the more reliable or best quality what about the ones offer from EBay any one have ever use the one on eBay

Old 03-05-2016, 12:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dgiomatch1
Thanks for the advice and opinion chuk I'll definitely look on what fits my purpose and go from there as the SC pulley from EC are the more reliable or best quality what about the ones offer from EBay any one have ever use the one on eBay
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...2-c32-amg.html
Email OP for a quote. I ordered and received mine in about 10 days. It gets shipped from Poland. Say you want it in steel. There are a couple other members running his pulley with no issues. Lots of EC pulleys out there, but they are aluminum and can and have failed and caused quite a bit of damage. But like everything, there are members with a lot of miles on their aluminum EC pulleys, so its up to you. I went with the only 65mm steel pulley available. Unless you can find an old Code 3 for sale.

Old 03-05-2016, 02:33 AM

Hey thanks for the response so this is the one your talking about
Mercedes AMG C32 SLK32 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 SRT 6 Smaller supercharger Pulley | eBay and what experience you have with the steel one thanks for the info