Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT6 Reliablity With High Mileage

Old 11-17-2016, 02:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: SRT6 Reliablity With High Mileage

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
( And YOU aren't a "young man" - he he )

I was being polite and trying to avoid referring to the OP as a "kid" or "teenager". You know how younger folk like to think they're older than they really are.

Old 11-17-2016, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: SRT6 Reliablity With High Mileage

Originally Posted by 05srtsix
I was being polite and trying to avoid referring to the OP as a "kid" or "teenager". You know how younger folk like to think they're older than they really are.
Voice of experience speaking?????

Old 11-19-2016, 12:31 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

MStrong,
While it has only been hinted at I will say the following. You are 18 with little driving experience. If you buy an SRT6 or even a Limited you will probably wreck it in 6 months & if you are lucky you will still be alive. These are very powerful cars & require extreme caution. You can think of it as a crotch rocket motorcycle that a lot of young men buy. The insurance carriers know that they have a very high probability of being wrecked in the first 6 months. You would be smart to NOT buy this car. You have lots of years ahead of you to buy anything you want once you gain driving experience.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:40 AM
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well said, pay attention MStrong.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:14 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

The SRT is a pu$$y cat if you can just drive it normally, the trouble will only start if you put your foot to the floor rapidly even more so if you drop a gear before doing that. Driven sensibly it is fine, good handling, good brakes and a smart looking car.
If you cannot keep your right foot out off trouble DO NOT BUY ONE because your left foot will not save your a$$.

Old 11-20-2016, 11:28 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Even though statistically we all tend to err on the side that all ppl of a younger age without a huge amount of driven miles under his or her belt cannot handle a super clean sports car, there are those who have and can break that stereotype. Maturity comes in stages, maybe this guy has quite a lot of maturity? Lord knows, there are a HUGE number of late 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and sometimes 70 and 80 year old immature idiotic drivers aiming 3000 pound (and more) machines on the roads all around us. He is of age to not be told what to buy, I say let him get what he wants, what he does with it (good and/or bad) is all on him. OK, done...

Old 11-21-2016, 11:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We do not know if he/she breaks that stereotype. I was being realistic while trying to be polite as well. I'm sure everyone only has the OP best interest in mind and mean no offense.

Personally, I hope they buy the car and live a long life telling everyone close to him/her how awesome that srt6 used to be.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:05 PM

I can only speak for myself, but for sure if I'd owned the 6 when I was in my 20's, I wouldn't be here now to talk about it.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:36 PM

I know this thread is a couple months old but I thought I could add something to the conversation in case someone comes back to it.

A car this old should have had the SKREEM module replaced. If it has somehow not, avoid it because it will cost you 800-1k to have the car towed to a dealer that can fix it and have it replaced when it dies.

I don't think this is a good first car either. My first car was a carbureted v6 that was too slow to get into much trouble. But I did have a heavily modified camaro from when I was 18-23 that was as fast as the srt-6 is stock and I had zero accidents in it. However, there's something to be said for reliability and gas mileage when money is finite.