Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Clunky automatic shift linkage

Old 12-27-2016, 01:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clunky automatic shift linkage

My alias is BibaResto. Except for the rear spoiler - which I was aware of 'the problem' - when I got my SRT6 is the need to deal with the clunky shift mechanism. No, I don't want paddle shifting but sure would like to have the shifter move more smoothly without making any noise. I understand the necessity of adding the dog legs, but why such an analogue solution? I've rented pick-ups for the day and don't remember them being as noisy.

I thought the 2003 SLK320 was fairly sophisticated and would think their owners would have been equally turned-off to the clunky shift mechanism.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:22 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Clunky automatic shift linkage

Originally Posted by AbibOtser
My alias is BibaResto. Except for the rear spoiler - which I was aware of 'the problem' - when I got my SRT6 is the need to deal with the clunky shift mechanism. No, I don't want paddle shifting but sure would like to have the shifter move more smoothly without making any noise. I understand the necessity of adding the dog legs, but why such an analogue solution? I've rented pick-ups for the day and don't remember them being as noisy.

I thought the 2003 SLK320 was fairly sophisticated and would think their owners would have been equally turned-off to the clunky shift mechanism.
You are supposed to have only one account on this forum you will get a mod on your back. What's with the change of names anyway?
Edit
Do not answer this as I have caught up with the previous post of yours.
I was in the same position once, how it was solved I have no idea.

I would try to sign in using my username, and click on forgot password and then change it.

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-27-2016 at 03:29 PM.