Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Newbie here and looking for some purchase advice please!

Old 02-16-2017, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here and looking for some purchase advice please!

Im new to the crossfire scene. I recently test drove one and i was pleasantly surprised by the power and handling of the car. I'm on the fence and negotiating a deal on a srt6 version that has 43k miles on it.My questions are what kind of troubles can i expect and plan for. Cost to maintain being as though its mercedes platform. What should i be looking for as tells on the car I'm looking at? Everything seems ok with the car but has a steering wheel light on and can't seem to find the fault....any suggestion? overall is it worth the purchase to spend 10-12k on this model? Any advice would be extremely helpful and appreciated at this point. I just don't want to get into a money pit,,,,but i love the car and I'm pretty excited to own one. Im competent enough to do the little maintenance myself and the easier jobs without having to tear into the motor or trans. Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 02-16-2017, 01:40 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Newbie here and looking for some purchase advice please!

Originally Posted by Heihachi
Im new to the crossfire scene. I recently test drove one and i was pleasantly surprised by the power and handling of the car. I'm on the fence and negotiating a deal on a srt6 version that has 43k miles on it.My questions are what kind of troubles can i expect and plan for. Cost to maintain being as though its mercedes platform. What should i be looking for as tells on the car I'm looking at? Everything seems ok with the car but has a steering wheel light on and can't seem to find the fault....any suggestion? overall is it worth the purchase to spend 10-12k on this model? Any advice would be extremely helpful and appreciated at this point. I just don't want to get into a money pit,,,,but i love the car and I'm pretty excited to own one. Im competent enough to do the little maintenance myself and the easier jobs without having to tear into the motor or trans. Thanks in advance for any help!
The light comes on if the steering wheel lock is not latched, with it unlatched you can push or pull the wheel to the position of your liking.
The latch is under the column at the dash.
Click here for tips on buying a Crossfire.

Old 02-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Newbie here and looking for some purchase advice please!

Thanks for the point in the right direction!