Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Past Fuel Mapping?

Old 03-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Past Fuel Mapping?

Hello All,

I in late 2016 acquired a 2005 Crossfire SRT6. Over the course of this winter I have been able to address a number of issues and take care of much of the past due maintenance thanks in part to the large amount of content on this forum.

One item eludes me...

The previous owner reported that the smaller supercharger pulley that a previous owner to him had installed had come apart during operation rupturing coolant hoses and sending a piece up through the engine cover to the hood. The issue is that this pulley was then replaced with the stock size pulley. Myself and my father have noticed an exhaust burble and upon spark plug replacement were able to examine the spark plugs further putting weight behind our conclusion that the engine might be running a tad rich.

This makes sense, as to accommodate the increase airflow from running a smaller pulley something else might have been do to increase the fuel mixture. This was not accounted for when the previous owner put back the stock pulley, thus causing the "running rich".

As the injectors appear stock we suspect this might be due to a change in the fuel mapping that may have been done when the pulley was first changed.

So thanks for staying with me and now for the questions.
Does my reasoning make sense?
How would I check to see if the fuel mapping has been changed and furthermore how would one set it back to its original settings?

Any input anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Past Fuel Mapping?

I would say yes your reasoning is sound. Search this forum, maybe there is info on your car. Also, maybe check with Eurocharged and see if the vin is on their record. Most people have used them for tuning. If not you could just pay them to remote flash back to stock. Or you could find a 65mm pulley and go.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:00 AM

Thanks for the information. I will reach out to them. I guess if there was a tune with them and perhaps a corresponding pulley I can either get the original modified pulley or get a flash back to stock.

I was looking at going back to stock but now that you mention it a 65mm pulley seems appealing.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:48 AM

I also would go with the 65mm pulley. Why pay to go back to stock, I'd rather pay to increase the fun factor instead.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:12 AM

I was approaching this as a problem to be resolved but you both are right in that this is an opportunity. If all checks out and I can find out that was the intended size with the tune then I think I will find a 65mm pulley and go >>>>>>

Old 03-12-2017, 01:00 PM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

I had my car tuned when it was stock then later installed a 65mm pulley and DCAI and I don't believe the car had any trouble relearning.