Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Italian Leather Door Handle Covers

Old 06-30-2013, 01:02 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up Italian Leather Door Handle Covers

Just received some very sweet authentic Italian Leather door handle covers that help cover the small cracking I have in the plastic chrome wrap. I must say I'm very impressed. The leather is thinner then say the vinyl equivalent and very supple. Fit from the attached velcro is perfect. And the color is almost a perfect match to my Aero Blue. These are styled for the C5 Corvette 1997-04. Company is based in Poland and took 2 weeks from order placement to package receipt. Lots of other material and colors with many options for thread count and color, piping, stripes, custom patterns and even 2 tone. Make sure when you order that you select the "GRAB HANDLE COVER" which are longer and NOT the "DOOR PULL COVERS". Pics at top of page show the difference. Hit the plus next to the item (I got 2 ea.) and hit the "select colors and options" bar at the bottom. Highly Recommended!

** Latest version covers the entire exposed handle!

Link update: 11/11/2021
https://www.redlinegoods.com/Crossfireshiftboot.php

DSC00031.JPG DSC00032.JPG DSC00033.JPG

DSC00034.JPG DSC00035.JPG DSC00036.JPG

DSC00037.JPG DSC00038.JPG DSC00039.JPG

What I ordered:
Paid date: 2013-06-16
Shipped date: 2013-06-19
Estimated delivery date: 2013-06-29
Product name: C5 1997-04: 2x grab handle cover
Leather: Medium blue
Thread: Silver
Price: 43.20 USD total for set of 2

UPDATE: Redlinegoods has provided us a 10% off on our purchase. Enter code RLGAPPROVED @ checkout!

More ideas of what they can make can be found on their FB page:
Facebook Post

UPDATE Part B: They now have a store here in the states! AND they do some great steering wheel recovering!
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

UPDATE #2:
FYI - Bob (Bay Cruise) from "down under" had Redline make a custom set of covers that nearly covers the entire pull handle. Pics of the before and after are in this thread @ link #13.

Interior door pulls

Link #15 shows a pic of the dimensions he used to order these custom made covers, if that's more your style!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

UPDATE #3: Another option from the U.K. These are full length leather covers but appear to come only in black w/ a limited choice of stitch colors. They do also make "A" pillar leather covers and manual gear gaiter covers also.

Link updated 11/11/2021: http://stores.ebay.com/J-F-CUSTOMS/CHRYSLER-/_i.html?_fsub=1167382016&_sid=668506186&_trksid=p4 634.c0.m322

Image of topgaiter's cover installed on Red Dog's XF...

And image of A-pillar cover from Topgaiters on Carl Graham's XF...

Last edited by syfi; 11-11-2021 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Italian Leather Door Handle Covers

something different, nice find

Old 07-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These look nice! How well does the velcro hold? Do you have to take the handle off to install?

Old 07-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the tip! I just order two-tone with red piping. Thanks for giving us the discount code too.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Utah12
These look nice! How well does the velcro hold? Do you have to take the handle off to install?
The velcro holds very well. It wraps around the outside of the handle and you can pull it tight enough that the velcro connects completely. These don't seem to slip either. They are completely installed and removable in seconds.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:55 PM

Thank you for the quick response. I have Wet Okoye Red seat covers (Graphite paint) and am thinking of going with the red with black stitching or black with red stitching. How noticeably is the stitching? Is it worth two toning?

Old 07-06-2013, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Thanks for the tip! I just order two-tone with red piping. Thanks for giving us the discount code too.
Ya, I liked mine so much, I went and ordered a two-tone set for the wifey's Graphite Metallic Limited. I chose a charcoal and med. gray combo w/ the contrasting (opposite color) stitching to see if it will match the two-tone door color.
I was gonna inquire if they could make these maybe an inch longer, but after looking at mine, I like the way they look with showing some of the handle, yet they cover more than enough of the handle for your hand to grip.
Please post pics once installed soes we can see the results.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:12 PM

Thank you for the quick response. I have Wet Okoye Red seat covers (Graphite paint) and am thinking of going with the red with black stitching or black with red stitching. How noticeably is the stitching? Is it worth two toning?
Hey Ute, I'm trying out the two-tone on my wifey's Graphite. You could try the red and charcoal two-tone w/ the contrasting stitch (charcoal thread on red and red thread on charcoal) which should match the seat covers and door panels nicely! Over on the left side panel on the site you can pull up sample pics of all the custom work they provide (single, double, triple stitch, stripes, piping, diamond tucking, etc.)

Old 07-06-2013, 04:27 PM

I'm thinking Red-Primary, Black Two tone, with opposite thread color and piping. I like the black because while it goes with the charcoal interior, it also goes with the black (on either side of the red) of the seat covers. I'm a little concerned about mating the charcoal. Black is simple because it goes with everything! The red should jazz up the doors.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:50 PM

It looks from the pictures that when you go two-tone with this piece that it ends up being 50-50 with the primary on top and the other on the bottom. Is this correct?

Old 07-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice find, I'll be ordering a set for each Crossfire. Thanks.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:33 PM

It looks from the pictures that when you go two-tone with this piece that it ends up being 50-50 with the primary on top and the other on the bottom. Is this correct?
Correct, but you can reverse it w/ primary on bottom and other on top. Rolling the velcro under the back bottom of the handle will make it unnoticable either way!

Old 07-06-2013, 06:37 PM

I'm thinking Red-Primary, Black Two tone, with opposite thread color and piping. I like the black because while it goes with the charcoal interior, it also goes with the black (on either side of the red) of the seat covers. I'm a little concerned about mating the charcoal. Black is simple because it goes with everything! The red should jazz up the doors.
Sounds good to me. Just make sure to state in the comments that you want black piping on black and red piping on red, or the opposite or one color all the way around.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:23 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's mine. The red piping makes a nice accent.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:14 PM

Hey, i would sure like to know where i could get a pair of those for my 04 xfire??

Old 06-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by hiflyer
Hey, i would sure like to know where i could get a pair of those for my 04 xfire??
Start by clicking the link in the first post.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:26 PM
cmz
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

nice find. I just ordered a set for my 6.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:55 PM

FYI - Bob (Bay Cruise) from "down under" had Redline make a custom set of covers that nearly covers the entire pull handle. Pics of the before and after are in this thread @ link #13.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...oor-pulls.html

Link #15 shows a pic of the dimensions he used to order these custom made covers, if that's more your style!

Old 06-15-2014, 02:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by syfi

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...oor-pulls.html

I am still happy with them, they fit perfectly and I like the way they nearly cover the whole handle, however I also see some prefer shorter ones so the choice is yours.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:00 PM

Hi Bob,
Where can I get a set of these? I never saw the link.
Thanks
myxfire05

Quick Reply: Italian Leather Door Handle Covers