Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

SLK vs Crossifre, major differences

Old 01-28-2016, 01:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SLK vs Crossifre, major differences

I like my Crossfire so much, I may consider a SLK in the future, and never really looked much at them. I like the first ones that are similar to the Crossfire. Can anyone/everyone offer comparisons/advantages to getting a SLK?
The 230 Kompressor seems interesting, and I like the retractable hard top.
Support/service/repair parts should all be an improvement through actual Mercedes dealerships, and other 3rd party locations. The Crossfire Coupe has the looks, the Crossfire Roadster with top down looks better than a SLK top down. SLK top up is in between. (all opinions, I know many will disagree)
Basically the same interior, correct?
So, what about the differences, is the retractable hard top nice? Are the different engine choices attractive? That kind of thing.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The retractable hardtop is nice. It is the first convertible I've had that doesn't leak. You'll need some Gummy Fledge (tm) to keep the seals from squeaking. The interiors are very similar. The interior is nice. The supercharged 4 banger is pretty torquey for a 4 banger. I believe the SLK rides smoother due to having shorter wheels and more sidewall. I have not compared myself though.

Old 01-29-2016, 02:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: SLK vs Crossifre, major differences

Originally Posted by boostmonkey
The retractable hardtop is nice. It is the first convertible I've had that doesn't leak. You'll need some Gummy Fledge (tm) to keep the seals from squeaking. The interiors are very similar. The interior is nice. The supercharged 4 banger is pretty torquey for a 4 banger. I believe the SLK rides smoother due to having shorter wheels and more sidewall. I have not compared myself though.
Thanks, the only convertible I have owned is a 2005 PT Turbo, and it was excellent. Quiet, warm, dry...

The following users liked this post:
VaderMarine (08-06-2020)