Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

Thumping on 32Krazy's old car

Old 01-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thumping on 32Krazy's old car

Sorry the video quality is crap, but I thought it would be fun to post it anyways. This is 32Krazy's old car, the new owners happen to live in Phoenix and just happen to frequent our track. Brian the new owner wanted to see what the car was capable of so I thought I would oblige him

Last edited by hustler316; 01-22-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Thumping on 32Krazy's old car

sunday cruise maybe i dont see much thumping going on. tires never pushed to the limit and did you ever shift? maybe if the total weight in the car was less it would have gone faster

Old 01-22-2014, 12:00 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
sunday cruise maybe i dont see much thumping going on. tires never pushed to the limit and did you ever shift? maybe if the total weight in the car was less it would have gone faster
I'm going to assume you are either joking or drunk when you posted this.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:12 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Smooth is fast! It took me a while to figure out exactly what that meant sitting in the drivers seat. I'll say this, my slowest laps are the most entertaining from a sound and fury standpoint. And the old dash is toast. So, what did the "new" owner think of the track performance, that's what counts.

Les

Old 01-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL. This reminded me of this quote: "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti Smooth IS fast, I'm still trying to hone this a little better myself. Also,looking forward to the review on the Ground Control kits!

Old 01-22-2014, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by hustler316
I'm going to assume you are either joking or drunk when you posted this.
assume what you like. the best i could see was approx 80 mph down the long straightaways and most of the time the speedo was around 50 mph. you rarely if ever used the paddles and never used the shifter so the car must have been in auto mode not manual. i guess thats thumping a car in your mind but not in mine.

tell the owner the car is capable of so much more

Old 01-22-2014, 03:23 PM

I test drove it before he bought it, around the roundabouts here in Carmel, I think I may have put it through more of a beating, and it was stock

Old 01-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Forum Regular

assume what you like. the best i could see was approx 80 mph down the long straightaways and most of the time the speedo was around 50 mph. you rarely if ever used the paddles and never used the shifter so the car must have been in auto mode not manual. i guess thats thumping a car in your mind but not in mine.

tell the owner the car is capable of so much more
First of all that was driving maybe 7/10ths it was no where near what it is capable of with only one passenger and driving it 10/10ths. Just so you know I was in manual and I was using the paddles, our track only requires 6 ***** per lap. If you watch my lambo video it is also hard to see the shifts but obviously you can hear them. Also we were hitting 120 down the straight and 120ish by the top of the hill on the back straight. Hell I was going over 80 over the start finish line. Subsequently if I was going so slow how did I catch and pass a Porsche 935? I tell you what, I'll give you a free track day to come on down with your 996 and we'll go lap time to lap time...big talker lets see some of your track videos! I posted this because I thought you would like to see your old car, if I had know how big of an *** you were I would have never posted it. Feel free to send me your racing resume and I'll decide if you're qualified to critique me in any way. Just because you made your car go fast in a straight line means very little around a track....and please don't say something stupid like you auto crossed it.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I test drove it before he bought it, around the roundabouts here in Carmel, I think I may have put it through more of a beating, and it was stock
So you made the tires squeal and hit the rev limiter? Perhaps you even got some understeer out of it...awesome job.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:29 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Careful there big boy... I like a challenge... Steve and I would love to come down there, and we will drive whatever you bring out all the way up to 18 wheels and then some. NOT bragging, FACT. NOW I like rubbing myself...lol.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
FACT. NOW I like rubbing myself...lol.
TMI Doc, but heres something for you when you go out in public

Old 01-22-2014, 07:03 PM
Forum Regular

Careful there big boy... I like a challenge... Steve and I would love to come down there, and we will drive whatever you bring out all the way up to 18 wheels and then some. NOT bragging, FACT. NOW I like rubbing myself...lol.
Invitation is open...bring your own rides. In order for something to be a FACT there has to be some evidence. I haven't seen a shred of proof that krazy has any track experience whatsoever or can drive a car for that matter...except straight ....FACT

Old 01-22-2014, 07:03 PM

Will that keep the paint from pealing off your bumper..... YOU rub that on the bumper...and it lasts for 6 hrs.... I am too lazy to do that. That is what women are for...

Old 01-22-2014, 07:08 PM

Invitation is open...bring your own rides. In order for something to be a FACT there has to be some evidence. I haven't seen a shred of proof that krazy has any track experience whatsoever or can drive a car for that matter...except straight ....FACT
YOU post a video and you are now the greatest race car driver ever... The only fact I am seeing is you blowing off for someone criticizing your driving. If you want to post it, you will get comments. Any time you want a piece of me sonny, I'm right here. Track or no track... Don't knock someone else because you don't like it. I like drag racing. I hated every damn SCCA event I have been too because of snotty little wanna be's thinks they are next best Indy car racer. We have them here, and know several. Keep practicing, you aren't there yet.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry the video quality is crap, but I thought it would be fun to post it anyways. This is 32Krazy's old car, the new owners happen to live in Phoenix and just happen to frequent our track. Brian the new owner wanted to see what the car was capable of so I thought I would oblige him

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed seeing the green machine again.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:46 PM
Forum Regular

YOU post a video and you are now the greatest race car driver ever... The only fact I am seeing is you blowing off for someone criticizing your driving. If you want to post it, you will get comments. Any time you want a piece of me sonny, I'm right here. Track or no track... Don't knock someone else because you don't like it. I like drag racing. I hated every damn SCCA event I have been too because of snotty little wanna be's thinks they are next best Indy car racer. We have them here, and know several. Keep practicing, you aren't there yet.
What are you Krazy's little guard dog? I'm not sure why you felt the need to chime into this it had nothing to do with you. Now to address some of your concerns, actually I have posted lots of videos and yes I am a race car driver, it's what I do. You know that whole ground control project going on...yea that's because they're one of my sponsors. Actually they sponsor 3 of our cars technically, I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not from your vast SCCA experience but you don't get a company like GC to sponsor 3 cars for you if you're not good. I know I'm good, I don't need confirmation from you, that's why people pay me to race their cars. It's probably also the reason why people hand me the keys to their $250,000 super cars and tell me to go see what I can do with it (feel free to check out the lambo video in this section).
Thanks for the pep talk I appreciated it.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:24 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

To be good at anything you have to have to be confident and have some ego. It seems to me the big problem here is the work "thumped" and nothing else. I saw the video before it was posted on this forum and wondered how it would go over. Now I know. Frankly, I was impressed by the car and driving. You guys that want to question the skills necessary to go fast on a race track need to realize that it's no different than being good at anything. It takes lots of study, practice, talent and persistence. If you question my skill at what I do for a living I'll send you to hades, and I'd expect you to do the same to me if I questioned your competence in your field. So chill.

Les

Old 01-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Forum Regular

If i wasnt at work I would post a gif. of some mean *** dog snarling right here -->

Old 01-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm thinking that with Super Bowl upon us now, that the testosterone levels are at their peak.
Personally, I love it when a member takes the time to post video of some laps for us here. I hope to do the same this summer. IMO, It's bad form to turn it into a pissing contest.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:30 PM

First of all that was driving maybe 7/10ths it was no where near what it is capable of with only one passenger and driving it 10/10ths. Just so you know I was in manual and I was using the paddles, our track only requires 6 ***** per lap. If you watch my lambo video it is also hard to see the shifts but obviously you can hear them. Also we were hitting 120 down the straight and 120ish by the top of the hill on the back straight. Hell I was going over 80 over the start finish line. Subsequently if I was going so slow how did I catch and pass a Porsche 935? I tell you what, I'll give you a free track day to come on down with your 996 and we'll go lap time to lap time...big talker lets see some of your track videos! I posted this because I thought you would like to see your old car, if I had know how big of an *** you were I would have never posted it. Feel free to send me your racing resume and I'll decide if you're qualified to critique me in any way. Just because you made your car go fast in a straight line means very little around a track....and please don't say something stupid like you auto crossed it.
no need to get angry i know how sensitive you can get. 120 mph? sure sure if you say so. no need for me to post anything its obvious your the greatest driver . a legend in your own mind!
hopefully he spends his money wisely on a skip barber school and learns what a sportscar can really do.
as for doc i would venture his schooling is just a TAD but more involved than yours but you wouldnt know anything about that because you have your head so far up your *** you cant see!

Quick Reply: Thumping on 32Krazy's old car