Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Ignition Wiring

Old 02-15-2017, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ignition Wiring

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I am not knowledgable in this system, if the chip is permanently in the ignition does that mean that you can jump in the car and drive it away?
What keeps the car safe from this, some other security feature?
I saw something about a card, is this the security?
To answer your first question, yes the chip is in the car. It is secured in the Universal Bypass by DEI that I listed in an earlier post. With the Advanced Keys system, the key fob that they provide has to be within the car for the car to start. How it works is when you walk up to the car there is a sensing 'perimeter', if you will - a radius of about a foot around the car where the system will detect the key fob. Once the key fob is brought within range, the system activates the DEI bypass module, which then sends the chip signal to the SKREEM module, allowing you to start the car. Without the key fob within that perimeter, the car won't start; even if someone breaks into the car and presses the button. In fact, without the fob in range, the push to start is completely deactivated. So, if someone were to break your window and try to push the button, nothing will happen. They can't even turn the car to the accessory position. To actually jump the car, the thief would have to be pretty knowledgeable in how the system works to bypass the key fob security feature. I could get into the details of how, but I guess that would turn this into a how-to-steal-a-push-to-start-crossfire thread

Old 02-15-2017, 04:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Ignition Wiring

You still have the FOB capability of locking the car.