Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

iCarsoft MBII Scanner

Old 03-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts
Default iCarsoft MBII Scanner

Connected the iCarsoft MBII scanner to my Crossfire this afternoon. Looks like the device does recognize the Crossfire as an R170 M-B chassis and reads codes & finds system to diagnose. Only found 7 systems on my car. Could be because of the Crossfire integration with the M-B chassis. Or might be because back then there were only 7 systems to interface with. Today's cars have considerably more systems that the scanner could find & interface with. Anyway, one of the systems it found was AB (Airbag). Guess it will diagnose an SRS issue and clear faults once corrected.

Device also indicates it will reset the onboard maintenance service system (FSS) when needed. Not worth buying just for that feature, but could be nice when the time comes. Won't avail itself to me for another year maybe.

Pictures attached.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20170317_144355.jpg (1.55 MB, 72 views)
20170317_144433.jpg (1.37 MB, 60 views)
20170317_144608.jpg (1.19 MB, 60 views)
20170317_144629.jpg (1.03 MB, 59 views)
20170317_144928.jpg (2.29 MB, 59 views)
Old 03-18-2017, 01:28 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts
Default Re: iCarsoft MBII Scanner

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Connected the iCarsoft MBII scanner to my Crossfire this afternoon. Looks like the device does recognize the Crossfire as an R170 M-B chassis and reads codes & finds system to diagnose. Only found 7 systems on my car. Could be because of the Crossfire integration with the M-B chassis. Or might be because back then there were only 7 systems to interface with. Today's cars have considerably more systems that the scanner could find & interface with. Anyway, one of the systems it found was AB (Airbag). Guess it will diagnose an SRS issue and clear faults once corrected.

Device also indicates it will reset the onboard maintenance service system (FSS) when needed. Not worth buying just for that feature, but could be nice when the time comes. Won't avail itself to me for another year maybe.

Pictures attached.

Hi Dennis, would you like to be the forum guinea pig and test the SRS light (reset) when battery isn't disconnected correctly? OR, maybe your close to someone dealing with their air bag replacement gone wrong, with that light on, and the dealer wanting a bunch o bucks to reset it (with all their fund-raising activities LMAO)? You could maybe sneak over to their place and try a reset? Does this tool 'reset' the drive cycle monitors as well? I don't have that tool but have been wanting to upgrade for quite a while from my old Innova 3110 OBDII bought many many years ago). Might be time to place an email to the people who sell them (for the answer for the drive cycle 'reset'). Every time I 'service' the battery (clamps/posts) the ECU has all those monitors needing 'reset'.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:43 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Hi Dennis, would you like to be the forum guinea pig and test the SRS light (reset) when battery isn't disconnected correctly? OR, maybe your close to someone dealing with their air bag replacement gone wrong, with that light on, and the dealer wanting a bunch o bucks to reset it (with all their fund-raising activities LMAO)? You could maybe sneak over to their place and try a reset? Does this tool 'reset' the drive cycle monitors as well? I don't have that tool but have been wanting to upgrade for quite a while from my old Innova 3110 OBDII bought many many years ago). Might be time to place an email to the people who sell them (for the answer for the drive cycle 'reset'). Every time I 'service' the battery (clamps/posts) the ECU has all those monitors needing 'reset'. .
Good idea resetting a light the dealer caused for someone...

Old 03-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by KDW4Him
Good idea resetting a light the dealer caused for someone...

I thought so, especially since it gets the car back to its owner without the owner getting screwed out of a lot of $. Notwithstanding the dealer caused it, but it could get very expensive PROVING the dealer caused it, right?

Old 03-18-2017, 01:54 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Connected the iCarsoft MBII scanner to my Crossfire this afternoon. Looks like the device does recognize the Crossfire as an R170 M-B chassis and reads codes & finds system to diagnose.
Any sub screens for TPMS? MB R170 did not have it but the Crossfire did.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:15 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by KDW4Him
Any sub screens for TPMS? MB R170 did not have it but the Crossfire did.
I didn't see one when I ran thru the various screens. Since it is connecting to an MB R170 chassis, there may not be any. I was sort of disappointed in that the scanner only found a few systems to diagnose. Probably tied to the technology included with the R170 chassis. For more modern MB platforms, certainly many more systems available to detect & scan. I'll take another look sometime early this week.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 03-19-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:37 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For info, FCP Euro has the scanner on sale for $150.99 with free shipping.