West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:24 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!

DATE:
Sunday, August 14, 2011

TIME:
7am-10am Meet at SCS
10am-finish time: Start the Cruise/Rally to Eat off the Pier down PCH

WHERE:
We will initially met at a car show called "Super Car Sunday"
Westfield Promenade Mall,
6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Then we will cruise down Beautiful Pacific Coast Highway, popularly voted best stretch of highway many times over.

We will finish at Rubys Lunch off the pier

ATTENDEE LIST:

1.) AlbertFattal - Albert - + 1 guest - SSB SRT-6 Coupe
2.) CROSS_PHIRE - Joe - Alabaster 2004 Limited
3.) Brent - Brent - SRT-6
4.) SRT6 Gang Member - Nelson - Aero SRT-6
5.) PaulsXF - Paul - 2005 Black Limited Roadster

Last edited by AlbertFattal; 07-30-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:32 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!

I will update the FIRST post with all changes and additions of attendee's so that there is an easy central place to look for at finding the information on this get together. See you all soon!

Old 07-26-2011, 03:24 AM

Shouldn't we all meet up somewhere before the car show so we can all enter together because I believe I read something about not being able to save spots. Can we reserve spots once we know how many of us are going? And thanks again Albert!!

Old 07-27-2011, 09:59 PM
THREE 6S

Add me to the list!

The more XF together on the highway at once, the better!

Old 07-30-2011, 03:04 PM

Count me in Albert.
Thanks for getting the thread started...Paul

Old 08-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Forum Regular

Working hard to get this together - I just took this route, it was great - BUT BE WARNED: EXPECT TO SEE MANY POLICE IN HIDING, READY TO STRIKE. Drive Safe/legal.

I am working to get the Resturant finalized, and get a Google Maps route up.

Last edited by AlbertFattal; 08-01-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd love to go but that's my wife's birthday and we've got other plans. Maybe next time... *** sigh ***

Old 08-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Forum Regular

Is that it? just 5?

Old 08-10-2011, 03:10 AM

I'd love to go but I don't think I can get there in time...

But If I ever had the chance to drive a fast car anywhere, PCH would definitely be my choice. The ocean views are amazing. First time I ever drove part of PCH I was trying to keep up with a Shelby Cobra doing at least 120. He eventually lost me, but what was I suppose to do, I was driving a rental Chevy Malibu.

Guess I have to stick to the shows and rally's on my side of the country.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:14 PM

AZN440,

Can you meet us after SCS at 10? I may meet up with the others myself at ten, it depends on if I get up early enough to make it to SCS by 7.

Three more days and an early wakeup, so where are the rest of you San Dieganites?

Old 08-11-2011, 03:19 AM

Come on people!!!!! If I can get off a graveyard shift at 5:30AM and go pick my son up in time to make it at 7AM you guys can do it!! I am so looking forward to seeing everyone again and cruising with you guys!!!!!! See you Sunday! Oh, are we meeting inside or getting together outside so we can all park together? LET ME KNOW!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Forum Regular

IT starts at 7am - that doesn't mean everybody has to necessarily be there at 7 - I am personally going to be there at around 8:30'ish - and its a really big show

Old 08-11-2011, 02:07 PM

Yeah, I almost certainly can't make this show with my car... I'm located on the east coast. If I leave now it will take me 46 hours non stop driving to get there (maybe a little sooner if I don't obey the speed laws). I was just checking out the west coast scene for mid september and wanted to see if there was anything going on, I'll be in Los Angeles/Newport on business then (Probably driving a full size rental POS on the PCH). Sorry if I got anybodys hopes up. Overall I hope you guys have a great show with an awesome turnout.

I might just end up doing a Cars and Coffee in Irvine if work lets me travel out a couple of days earlly to enjoy the weekend there. For now I'll just keep trolling the west subforum.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:44 PM
svo
Forum Regular

JUST A THOUGHT...

What if the venue was changed to Cars & Coffee??

The Woodland hills is nice, but to park together everyone would have to get there about 7am if not earlier. I went about 2 weeks ago - I saw Alberts car there. I think Cars & Coffee is more relaxed, local, and more of a variety PLUS... we don't have to compete with parking from the people going shopping at the mall.

Whatever you guys decide I'd like to join in for the PCH drive

Old 08-11-2011, 11:33 PM

Hmmm, east coast, forty some hours of driving non-stop, so I guess we can mark AZN440 as a "maybe".

C&C sounds like it would work out better but..... it's pretty late to change venue. I suggest we do C&C when AZN440 visits.

Is there a place to meet outside SCS for us to gather and drive in as a group?

Old 08-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Forum Regular

Usually if you don't get there before 7AM, you rally can't get a "prime" area to all park together, were better off parking a little off to the side where there are available parking spaces for our group members to join after 7am as they trickle in

Old 08-14-2011, 03:50 AM

Ok people, I don't know who will get there first but I will definitely look for our cars when I get there. It's almost 2am and im already excited, especially since I missed the last cruise! I'll probably be there around 7:30, 8 o'clockish. So, is the count still at just 5? See you there!!!

Old 08-14-2011, 10:41 PM

Hey, first to post pics.

We had three Crossfires show up this morning. Sad to report that this low turn out seems to be the norm for So Cal, but we still had fun.

Super Car Sunday is a lot like Cars & Coffee. Not as many 60s and oddball cars but still a good number of eye candy.

Afterwards we cruised down Pacific Coast Highway. The run was much like Glendora except this time there were bicyclists and stop signs to contend with.

The only letdown was that Rubys, the restaurant we were planning to eat at, was closed. So we improvised and had lunch at an artery clogging fast food joint.

The pics are pretty much self explanatory. If they seem a little distorted, it's because they are. I used an ultra wide angle lens for the pictures this time and it tends to distort the shots. Why did I use the lens? Because I wanted to, so there.

Attached Thumbnails SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-crossfires.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-hoods-up.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-cars-display.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-more-cars-display.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-camaros.jpg  

SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-classics.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-cobras.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-corvettes.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-flames.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-ford-shelby-cobra.jpg  

Old 08-14-2011, 10:51 PM

And some more pics. Also, while pulling in for lunch we ran into another Crossfire. This one is a black coupe and the owner will look into joining the forum.

Truth in advertising: the last pic was taken with a 35mm lens and not the wide angle one. Just in case anyone was wondering why it didn't have an Alice in Wonderland look to it.

I'd say we all would agree that the double decker bus was the neatest vehicle we saw today.

Attached Thumbnails SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-immaculate-interior.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-london-bus.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-midget-racers.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-new-classics.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-pontiac.jpg  

SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-trick-truck.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-vintage-muscle.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-vintage-yellow.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-crossfires-distance.jpg   SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!-lunch.jpg  

Old 08-14-2011, 10:57 PM
THREE 6S

I have been waiting for one of you guys to post pics all day! If those are distorted, then I need a stronger proscription Brent becasue they look fine to me. Glad you guys had fun and hopefully I can attend the next meet.

Quick Reply: SCS and Rally SoCal Meet August 14 CHECK IN!