View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 08:29 PM
quarterlfecrisis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sometimes Sluggish acceleration

Originally Posted by srt6_crossfire
When you were having the problem with your s/c, did your car happen to have a rattling sound in the engine compartment when driving and you come to a complete stop?

Took my car to Buerge today for Sched A maintenance and told them about the noise that started happening just a couple of days ago and it turned out that there's a problem with the clutch on the s/c.

Unfortunately, they just can't replace that part, they need to replace the whole s/c assembly ($6K) which they need to special order. Could take two to three weeks or longer.

It sucks that I paid $300 for a tune-up and I can't even drive the car till I get the s/c fixed. Oh well. On the bright side, i do get to have a new s/c, hopefully sometime this year. :-) I just wonder how long the replacement will last...
Sorry about throwing the last few kicks in the already dead and decaying horse, but i just have to vent about this one.

I just brought my srt in and told them about the sluggish acceleration and a rattling when slowing to a stop. I also told them that the fan engages frivolously and the cars temp seems to flux quite a bit.

It was raining when i brought the car in so i obviously switched over to winter mode. When i dropped it off i explained to the service mgr that alot of the guys/gals on the forum have had the same problems and that many have done research on this problem and blah blah blah. I asked him to have the mechanic check the s/c clutch and the intercooler pump. They had my car for about a day and a half and call up saying that its all ready and that they just had to replace the fan module and that it was probably just sending the computer the wrong messages. I looked at my car and noticed they only put 4 miles on it. How the hell could they expect to recreate my problem without even getting the engine up to temp. Anyway the problem is still happening and the service guy had the audacity to tell me that the reason i wasn't getting power was because i had it on winter mode. Haha i told him i wasn't a DC mechanic but I wasn't an idiot either. For crying out loud!!! 1 if M/B would only do warranty work we could have someone who knows what they are talking about work on our cars.