View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 03:00 PM
squintbro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire went bye bye!

Originally Posted by BFreedman372
Yeah, the main reason, and please do NOT flame me for this was the mechanical issues as well as the fact that the car depreciated way more than what I had expected/or was comfortable with. Bought the car 10/28/06 for 30K, 33K with all the taxes and whatever rolled in which come to find out I could have done way better. Lets just say for me to hear the XFire was worth $17,500 was harsh, but I knew because there are still new 04's and 05's out there, that, well, there was not a lot of room for negotiating. I got them up to $18,250 and accepted that I was 10K upside down. Anyhow, I am leasing the H3 and since I work 4 blocks from my apartment I opted for the 10K/yr program and put 4K down. My payment stayed the same and I will be out of auto debt in 4 years instead of 5 now... Never again will I do 72 month financing...
Not to be a jerk or anything, but after your 4 year lease is up, your Hummer goes back to the dealership. You may opt to buy it after your lease is up, or buy or lease another vehicle. Either way, after 4 years of making payments, you have nothing to show for it. I speak from experience, having leased before myself. I would never do it again.

Last edited by squintbro; 11-01-2006 at 03:04 PM.