View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Aero Blue
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Product Recommendation Please

Originally Posted by blacklimitedcoupe
Although I think I'm pretty good at detailing, I'm not a professional like many of you, so I need some advice. I'm looking for some products and I figured some of you could recommend some.

1) a product, preferably aerosol, that I can spray on plastics (such as under the rear bumper) to give it a clean shine. However, I don't want a silicone or greasy spray. I might be shooting a blank here.

2) an engine detailing spray. I had been using CD-2 Engine Detailer, but apparently it has been discontinued because no stores carry it anymore. It was an amazing product.

3) something to put on the tires just to give them a clean black look. I don't like the tire dressings anymore because i'm tired of the mess they create. I just want the tires to look clean black.

Thanks in advance guys! I love this detailing section because it prevents me from having to do "trial and error" which has caused me to collect about a hundred bottles of products that I bought and don't like. haha
Ok, I'll go in order:

1. you can use the tire foam on that area as its black, just like your tires. I actually like to use "Back to Black", but it needs to be applied by hand.

2. believe it or not, I use the tire foam or silicon spray on the engine bays of my customers cars, but first I use the degreaser at the quarter carwash before I spray anything on there. The tire foam will lift any missed areas of dirt and leave a nice shine, but if you want a "bling" look, use the straight silicone based tire sprays. One thing to keep in mind that you will get dirt/dust attracted to the areas over time, but once this happens, just spray the engine bay down at the quarter carwash with straight water and try not to use full pressure and never stay in one spot too long as you don't want to wear off the product, it really does last some time,

3. last but not least, your tires. Previously I sent you the link for top of the line detailing products and they have a couple products available. I've been using Grape Tire dressing and have been VERY happy with it. It lasts a long time and every time you apply afterwards it just seems to penetrate further into the tires, thus needing less and less product to apply. Make sure you the let the product soak into the tires before driving the car. If some does come off, just use some quick detailer and wipe it off. I like to take a separate applicator and wipe off and "even things out" afterwards and every other time then on. There's nothing wrong with Mequiars Endurance either, as well as your gel based OTC's. I've also used Black Magic Platinum (I think thats what its called) and really liked that as well, still have it.

These are my suggestions and I'm sure you get an array of others to help you decide which way to go.