View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Sennaspirit
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Just for kicks - Carmax

Originally Posted by ben47
All in all not a bad trade-in. KKB lists $22.1k in excellent shape and $20.9 in good shape. Now the kicker, what were they asking for the Honda?
Ben, sorry, I was rushing out when I wrote that...forgot to add that point. They wanted 19.9K for the 2000 S2K. I gotta tell ya, I just got back in this morning from my typical early sat morning drive...I appreciate the XF even more now. It's roomy, comfortable, responsive and generally a more satisfying ride than the S2K.

I'm stuck with the xf and don't mind a bit.

Stlouis...yep, that's the one.

Obviously I didn't do a full analysis of the state of the car. I'd have to take it to my mech and find out more about the tranny/engine etc. It wasn't in perfect condition either, there were scratched all over the interior body parts. Also, the paint was never properly taken car of (swirls everywhere), and finally, who ever owned it last liked some cheap *** cologne...it smelled pretty bad. The seats were surprising worn given the relatively low miles and age.

FP, I have to agree and disagree on the looks department. I think the XF has a quite different look than the S2K. I'd say the back end of our cars is just stunning...nothin like it. But, the front end of the S2K is one of the sexiest things on the road today...I love it. I've always thought they kind of gave up on the design from the end door panels to the back of the car, it's fairly boring.

Last edited by Sennaspirit; 11-04-2006 at 08:15 PM.