View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 10:06 AM
woody
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Dirtest wheels in the east!

I absolutely hate having a dirty car, especially the interior, and take a lot of pride in prepping and cleaning my cars, but I never mind seeing a car that is dirty from actually being used, including the ones I have spent hours prepping and painting; neglected is something else. I quite like the look of a high performance car after it has just returned from a road trip or track session having been put to the use for which it was intended. But it is a shame when it's obvious that the owner of such a vehicle has no appreciation of what they actually own and doesn't care for it.
As far as my Crossfire goes the reality of it being a daily driver through a British winter and having a daily commute to an office based in the countryside, on roads frequented by farm vehicles means it gets very dirty, very often. Then there are the stone chips, and tyre rubber blobs and brake dust from trackdays, the sand and mud in the boot (trunk!) from mountain biking and camping trips. Basically, I USE it! But I maintain it in the best condition cosmetic and mechanical condition possible as time and finances allow.

This is what it look like at the moment; I'm off to do something about it before the detailing police find me.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dirty.jpg (140.8 KB, 161 views)
dirty2.jpg (124.7 KB, 160 views)
dirty3.jpg (150.1 KB, 185 views)