View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 12:43 AM
nox1s
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I finally got a ticket :(

Sorry for the delay!

I waited until my father went to bed, maybe not the smartest idea but men, I just told my mom a little bit ago, we had a little bit of a talk.

Having an older brother who had a 25th anniversary trans am (who is a LOT more stupid then me), she kind of already went through everything.

She's going to call tomorrow and see what the fine is, and set up a court date. She was understanding but a little bit disappointed.

I know there's no excuse, but I had a long day that day, being home alone, taking care of my cat (my cat goes in and out at night, and the door was broken so I had to get up when it wanted to get in/out at least 10 times through the night), and I had a soccer recertification referee class from 9 am to 3 pm Then I had work at 5 pm which takes a half hour to get there. I basically had no sleep.

That isn't an excuse, but I was tired and I wanted to get home. She could understand where I was coming from, and I understood where she was coming from - being concerned. Hopefully they wipe away my points (the judge) and our insurance stays down. I have money saved from my job (I don't spend it on anything except for my phone bill / gasoline) so i'm paying the ticket no questions asked.

It went better then I expected. I guess I anticipated a lot worse.

Thank you everyone who offered suggestions - I read them all. Yes, honesty is the best policy.

Now... about that sprint booster!!! (Just kidding!).